• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit DOOM™: Bloodbath in the City

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    In the early days, mass slaughter of hundreds of thousands (equivalent to tens of millions today) and centuries of exploitation.

Then as time went on it became more and more authoritarian and bureaucratic with price controls and ever rising taxes
    Something to ponder upon...

Take in migrants or leave, EU tells Hungary and Poland

For those who don't subscribe to The Times, here's translation from Polish into English
    You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
      I wonder at which point brexiters will notice their house is on fire.
      brain deads don't notice anything

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        This threat too easily simplifies a complex relationship between trading and location across global markets. There are solid reasons to believe that these calls will be counterproductive and consequently, not acted upon.
        Brexit is counterproductive, yet it's happening, so EU will have to react - euroclearing will certainly move back to EU within 10 years, most likely a lot sooner. They can start by introducing transaction tax on clearing outside of EU, that would give financial incentive to move quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          brain deads don't notice anything
          Thanks for clarifying. You are one of a limited number qualified to speak from that perspective.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Has anything bad happened yet? Lots of talk of bad things that might happen, can't find any actual bad things that have happened.

People are still shopping, buying houses, going on holiday, going to work, etc. All seems stunningly normal.

Well, except here in General that is....
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
              People are still shopping, buying houses, going on holiday, going to work, etc. All seems stunningly normal.
              It's quiet before the storm, but smart people are getting ready.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                It's quiet before the storm, but smart people are getting ready.
                So when are you going to get ready?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  So when are you going to get ready?
                  He's ready...

"why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                    Has anything bad happened yet? Lots of talk of bad things that might happen, can't find any actual bad things that have happened.
                    Yes it has, AutoGlass have as of today spend 4 weeks trying to replace the windshield on my car and they may take another two. I blame Brexit ;-)

In less important news, myself just like a number of other business owners are talking to Irish accountants about opening EU-based businesses.

In even less relevant news NHS is loosing EU nurses and doctors, but that's not important, my windshield fecking is!
                    You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                      At what point will remainers notice they are the poaching frog?
                      The smartness of a pale mango can be uncharacteristically ascertained by the ergonomics of the late nineteenth century bamboo typewriter, whose ribbon has been bitten by a gibbon in heat.
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X