• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which horse(s) to back?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which horse(s) to back?

It's that time of year again, only two days left to max out your ISA's..

I was late to the party opening a S&S ISA, busy paying the mortgage off, so the money is sitting ready in the account ready to be invested.

Any thoughts? Think I might just go "all in" with Vanguard Lifestrategy 100 and do some background reading in the meantime. I don't want to be an active trader short of maybe having a few side bets on stocks that look undervalued.

Question is do I dive in now or attempt to time the market and wait for a trough?
    Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
    It's that time of year again, only two days left to max out your ISA's..

I was late to the party opening a S&S ISA, busy paying the mortgage off, so the money is sitting ready in the account ready to be invested.

Any thoughts? Think I might just go "all in" with Vanguard Lifestrategy 100 and do some background reading in the meantime. I don't want to be an active trader short of maybe having a few side bets on stocks that look undervalued.

Question is do I dive in now or attempt to time the market and wait for a trough?
    Believe Nicola Horlick has a secured loan based Investment ISA, which you can have in addition to a stock/share and cash ISA , pays 8% tax free
    Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Isn't it the case where you can put the cash into the S&S ISA before the deadline and then consider what stock to buy?
      You don't need to do both steps together.

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
        Isn't it the case where you can put the cash into the S&S ISA before the deadline and then consider what stock to buy? You don't need to do both steps together.
        Yes.

Comment

Working...
        X