Which horse(s) to back? Which horse(s) to back?
Posts 1 to 4 of 4

Fingers like lightning

rl4engc 's job has never been outsourced

Default Which horse(s) to back?

It's that time of year again, only two days left to max out your ISA's..

I was late to the party opening a S&S ISA, busy paying the mortgage off, so the money is sitting ready in the account ready to be invested.

Any thoughts? Think I might just go "all in" with Vanguard Lifestrategy 100 and do some background reading in the meantime. I don't want to be an active trader short of maybe having a few side bets on stocks that look undervalued.

Question is do I dive in now or attempt to time the market and wait for a trough?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Fingers like lightning

motoukenin has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by rl4engc View Post
    It's that time of year again, only two days left to max out your ISA's..

I was late to the party opening a S&S ISA, busy paying the mortgage off, so the money is sitting ready in the account ready to be invested.

Any thoughts? Think I might just go "all in" with Vanguard Lifestrategy 100 and do some background reading in the meantime. I don't want to be an active trader short of maybe having a few side bets on stocks that look undervalued.

Question is do I dive in now or attempt to time the market and wait for a trough?
    Believe Nicola Horlick has a secured loan based Investment ISA, which you can have in addition to a stock/share and cash ISA , pays 8% tax free

Contractor Among Contractors

RSoles 's job has never been outsourced

Isn't it the case where you can put the cash into the S&S ISA before the deadline and then consider what stock to buy?
    You don't need to do both steps together.

My post count is Majestic

AtW is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by RSoles View Post
    Isn't it the case where you can put the cash into the S&S ISA before the deadline and then consider what stock to buy? You don't need to do both steps together.
    Yes.