• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client asked if googled during test...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be inclined to say no, I didn't use google. That's because I already have proven go-to resources online that have served me well for the few things that I don't always remember. But I don't need to remember them because I know where to find them.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      "Of course I did, I'm not stupid".
      This. It's like asking if I ******* used the keyboard. No, I used a quill.

Comment

Maybe the 'friend' did so badly they were wondering how, and conjecturing he didn't use Google.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Maybe the 'friend' did so badly they were wondering how, and conjecturing he didn't use Google.
          yes you would think SAS could use google a little bit.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

BTW finally during F2F interview question raised was 'Why you didn't use references efficiently for section x though you had oppertunity to do so..??"

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
              BTW finally during F2F interview question raised was 'Why you didn't use references efficiently for section x though you had oppertunity to do so..??"
              Because google did not recommend it?

Comment

I did an online interactive test and tried copying and pasting an answer to one of the questions. Alarm bells start ringing, lights started flashing -I'd been well and truly flagged as a cheat.

Innerestingly, I still got the gig though.

Comment

If an employer/client has an issue with me not retrieving info in 1 miilsecond from my head and instead spending 10 secs to google it then I'll work somewhere else thanks.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

you lot are so glass half empty

maybe he got the answers wrong and the Client want to understand why he didn't double check with google

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                      I did an online interactive test and tried copying and pasting an answer to one of the questions. Alarm bells start ringing, lights started flashing -I'd been well and truly flagged as a cheat.

Innerestingly, I still got the gig though.
                      interestingly

(You're as bad as Gricer! )
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X