• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No signed 'future' Brexit deal within two years, says Theresa May

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    What's the point exactly of CUK in this context?
    One thing seems clear, in CUK as in the wider world, it's the less cognitively gifted who've voted for Brexit.
    Back to insults. Good lad. However, I think we covered this recently.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
      Back to insults. Good lad. However, I think we covered this recently.
      Where's the insult? It's a plain statement of fact.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

I think people would be happy to go back to the situation prior to 2000. Does that count as 'getting tough'?
        When we had freedom of movement with the EU? Okay.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I think people would be happy to go back to the situation prior to 2000. Does that count as 'getting tough'?
          prior to 2000 the workforce wasn't shrinking by 250,000 every year.

The reason why you had migration in the 2000s onwards was because of baby boomers retiring.

That's why immigration will continue. Blair left office about 10 years ago and is actually not responsible for most of the immigration, you can thank the Tories for that

So, no you can't go back to the 1990's you need a completely different model.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

I suspect SAS would think it would.
            PS I love your passive-aggressive, I'm a man of the soil who uses my hands and therefore superior to you, but not really a man of the soil, schtick.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              prior to 2000 the workforce wasn't shrinking by 250,000 every year.

The reason why you had migration in the 2000s onwards was because of baby boomers retiring.

That's why immigration will continue. Blair left office about 10 years ago and is actually not responsible for most of the immigration, you can thank the Tories for that

So, no you can't go back to the 1990's you need a completely different model.
              Immigration is at 600K which is a big difference to 250K and I'd be interested to know where this 250K figure comes from - it's not as if the population of the UK was dropping at the time, nor now.

Comment

PS I love your passive-aggressive, I'm a man of the soil who uses my hands and therefore superior to you, but not really a man of the soil, schtick.
                Now you're just making it up as you go. Where's this soil nonsense come? It's not that you're scared of getting your hand dirty or just unable to tackle simple jobs?

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  When we had freedom of movement with the EU? Okay.
                  You've forgotten to mention how many fewer countries were part of the EU then. The answer is in double figures.

Comment

Are you having trouble with the term CUK?
                    Sas does live in the UK when he isn't residing in Cloud Cuckoo land.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Where's the insult? It's a plain statement of fact.
                      Wrong. It's your opinion. Only the "less cognitively gifted" would fail to make the distinction.
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X