• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finding an experienced iOS developer (perm)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're looking for a geek, why not incentivise them with some new dungeons and dragons figures? Or a new Warhammer t-shirt? These people simply aren't motivated by money.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      If you're looking for a geek, why not incentivise them with some new dungeons and dragons figures? Or a new Warhammer t-shirt? These people simply aren't motivated by money.
      Agreed, maybe look at updating your office space, also

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

That's actually not such a bad idea. I think it will get a lot of likes on LinkedIn!

nice one.

Comment

What's wrong with having D&D figures???
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
            So if we drop our expectations from a senior mobile developer (for which we have several) and accept somebody junior-mid on the same salary, that wouldn't be in line with market expectations? I actually opened up the role to say quote salary expectations!
            Theres no such thing as junior iOS developer... it's a niche...

Comment

Is the location of your offices a problem? Is there a wealth of local talent available for other roles? Is there another place fairly local to you that attracts the talent instead? e.g. You are based in Peterborough and all the talent heads to Cambridge?

Comment

iOS is in high demand, everyone wants an app making so I imagine a high proportion of iOS developers are freelance or working for app-development companies?

Maybe you need to get someone good and train them, or offer to let them have time to train themselves.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

iOS Apple, iOS Cisco or iOS IBM power VIO server haha??!!

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                    Theres no such thing as junior iOS developer... it's a niche...
                    It certainly is.....

It's tough going finding somebody.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                      It certainly is.....

It's tough going finding somebody.
                      I looked at it while ago . The pay was really low compared to other languages so i didn't skill myself in it.

Comment

Working...
                      X