• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bremainers, if you have tears prepare to shed them now ..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bremainers, if you have tears prepare to shed them now ..

2017-04-05 Le Pen hits record 47% in French poll

Momentum continues to build behind anti-EU French Presidential candidate Marine Le Pen, with a new poll out putting her at a record-high 47%, just a few percentage points from winning the election overall and becoming France’s next President.

The Ifop poll shows that head-to-head with Francois Fillon, Le Pen just trailed on 47%. This is up from her previous high of 45% against Fillon.

:::

One thing is for sure: those who believe President Le Pen is impossible and that the Euro/EU project is safe have their heads in the clouds.
    I don't know much about the ins and outs of French politics, but it sounds like Le Pen has every chance of winning, and Bremainers and suchlike could be in for another face slap like the Trump victory.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Are you aligning yourself with the Nazies now?

Comment

You actually want Le Pen to win?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        If that helps break up the EU, to the benefit of the UK, then yes I'm all for it.

I don't know much about her declared policies, and doubtless the so-called "Nazi" aspect (if exists at all, which I doubt) has been greatly exaggerated by the liberal media.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          If that helps break up the EU, to the benefit of the UK, then yes I'm all for it.

I don't know much about her declared policies, and doubtless the so-called "Nazi" aspect (if exists at all, which I doubt) has been greatly exaggerated by the liberal media.
          I don't really care what happens to the EU. Let them do what they want. I think the Eurozone and hence the wider EU is ultimately doomed, but I have no desire for a messy collapse; it won't do us any good.

That said, Le Pen is a different matter. She's a certified fruit loop and dangerously aligned with Putin. A victory for Le Pen doesn't just pose an existential threat to the EU, but to Europe. It's a blunt tool box, but she'll make Trump one of the sharper tools. And I'm no lefty, and certainly not pro-EU.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            He's certainly stupid enough.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Why would a collapse int he biggest UK export market benefit the UK???

Comment

Just did a search for "Marine Le Pen policies", and skimming the first couple of articles doesn't show anything I'm against nor, I suspect, anything much a typical indigenous French person would find objectionable the way things are going (such as France becoming 50% muslim within 20 years) :

2017-02-10 France elections: What makes Marine Le Pen far right?

What are Marine Le Pen's policies? | Euronews

Here's a BBC article from yesterday, summarizing the various burgeoning strands of what might be termed "off message" (relative to the mainstream media) political opinions and groupings, some right wing others left wing.

2017-04-05 French election: Is online far right a threat to democracy?
                Last edited by OwlHoot; 6 April 2017, 12:03.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Why would a collapse int he biggest UK export market benefit the UK???
                  It's the usual thicko Brexiter "logic."
                  Now they've realised they've fooked up their own country, they want other countries to be fooked up too.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    It's the usual thicko Brexiter "logic."
                    Now they've realised they've fooked up their own country, they want other countries to be fooked up too.
                    sasguru will be telling us he is an expert on all things French next because he once ate croissants for breakfast at the Premier Inn.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X