• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The best way to illustrate to HMRC what Lack of Moo means

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Read it yesterday) I particularly liked the bit about not working their notice ...

Comment

Originally posted by RetSet View Post
      Haven't you read Tolley's IR 35 Defence Strategies? Haven't you read HMRC's Employment Status Manual?

Are you cut out to be a contractor?

Here's a piece about MOO for BrilloPad and everybody else who doesn't know:

IR35: Mutuality of Obligation: what it is and what it is not :: Contractor UK
      Outside of the legal profession, the phrase "absence of Mutuality of Obligation" is now often used to mean something like "the absence of any obligation to provide and do further work when the current (relatively short term) piece of work which the worker is obliged to complete has come to an end"
      Great link.

Obviously it would help if you had a Scooby as to what it actually means
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        They'll have a Press Gang waiting outside the next CUK Christmas do, coshing people as they leave and hauling them off to permiedom in the Civil Service

Think what NLYUK would do for the King's Shilling.
        Last edited by vetran; 8 April 2017, 13:38.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Think what NYUK would do for the King's Shilling.
          Ask his accountant what to do with it?
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Has anyone here ever worked with HMRC (contractor or permie)? I would've thought it's not uninteresting work.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Has anyone here ever worked with HMRC (contractor or permie)? I would've thought it's not uninteresting work.
              Yes, same as most Gov contracts except it takes an absolute age to get in through the front door due to the excessive security.
              Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
                Yes, same as most Gov contracts except it takes an absolute age to get in through the front door due to the excessive security.
                It's a way in for someone who effectively knows nothing outside a home PC (i.e. 90% of school and Uni leavers...). A few more people offering (and taking on) such roles would eventually kill off the "skills shortage".

[EDIT] Ermm.... - Ignore me. Wrong thread.
                Last edited by malvolio; 7 April 2017, 11:30.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Never worked there but their code is in public domain: https://github.com/hmrc

Most of their stuff is Scala which should make finding replacement developers quite tricky.
                  Cats are evil.

Comment

All in, this is wonderful news because it means that HMRC's systems will be a shambles for many years to come. Hopefully it'll slow them down in pestering the workforce and trying to implement the government's increasingly desperate and poorly thought out tax raids.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                      All in, this is wonderful news because it means that HMRC's systems will be a shambles for many years to come. Hopefully it'll slow them down in pestering the workforce and trying to implement the government's increasingly desperate and poorly thought out tax raids.
                      It'll also mean mistakes are more likely and getting them rectified takes longer.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X