• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Supreme Court upholds term-time ban on holidays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I think you're making this up. Private school parents would never take their kids to Legoland, darlink.
    You'd be surprised.

Comment

I guess I'll have to just call the school from the side of the pool and explain they are sick - again!

Comment

In my experience many schools are run by fascists with a God complex and an over-inflated sense of worth. I `look forward` to a number of arguments when Mini VWDan is school age. Not least of all because of his medical complications - some of the tulip other parents have had from schools is untrue.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          I think you're making this up. Private school parents would never take their kids to Legoland, darlink.
          I bit you take your kids to cathedrals and classical concerts.

In Victorian times, you would have given them a trip to look at the lunatics in the asylum...

Comment

As I see it there are two options now

1) Sickie for a week, no doctors note. So 9 days max holiday.
            2) Take the time off anyway, pay the holiday tax school fine, save a fortune on price hikes, jobs a good'un. Unless Tarquin gets expelled upon his return of course.

I remember in my day, we were on holiday in term time, the school had an athletics event nearby which I was due to compete in. I attended the event with my schoolfriends, then resumed the holiday.
            Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
            "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

The dad is talking on This Morning now (WFH, not the bench ) he's going to take his daughter out of the school and put her in private one.

Not sure if that will solve the issue?

I think he's getting a taste of enjoying being in the limelight.

qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

In Victorian times, you would have given them a trip to look at the lunatics in the asylum...
                Maybe you should charge entry to your house?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                  The dad is talking on This Morning now (WFH, not the bench ) he's going to take his daughter out of the school and put her in private one.

Not sure if that will solve the issue?

I think he's getting a taste of enjoying being in the limelight.

qh
                  Double win for the tax payer.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                    I guess I'll have to just call the school from the side of the pool and explain they are sick - again!
                    The problem with claiming that the kid is sick is that the kid needs to play his/hers role. Younger ones just don't have the discipline to lie, older ones will splatter holiday snaps all over the interwebs and blow their "cover". Not to mention getting back to school with a nice tan is a giveaway.

Not sure what the schools policies are in this situations.

The simplest solution is to have something like 5 days "annual leave" to be used at the parent discretion with some form of approval from the school to avoid missing important events like exams etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      I bit you take your kids to cathedrals and classical concerts.

In Victorian times, you would have given them a trip to look at the lunatics in the asylum
                      why go out for hamburger when you have steak at home?

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X