• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Supreme Court upholds term-time ban on holidays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supreme Court upholds term-time ban on holidays

Excellent news.
    Means those of us with kids in private schools can escape the plebs AND get cheaper holidays at the same time
    Last edited by sasguru; 6 April 2017, 09:33.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Im torn both ways on this - as far as Im concerned if your kids are doing alright and have good attendance then you should be able to have that holiday during term time (with some limitations on when i.e upcoming exams)

On the other hand my lads are past this now and my daughter breaks up at the start of July so I'm with sasguru on this one and I don't want my cheap holidays going up in price......

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Excellent news.
      Means those of us with kids in private schools can escape the plebs AND get cheaper holidays at the same time
      Labour want to put VAT on school fees. What are the chances your kids are still of school age when they next get in?
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        Labour want to put VAT on school fees. What are the chances your kids are still of school age when they next get in?
        Next to zero
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Excellent news.

Ah but don't forget you'll be paying VAT on school fees, when Steptoe gets into power (which fullyautomatix assures us will be soon, and not before time!)
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Ah but don't forget you'll be paying VAT on school fees, when Steptoe gets into power (which fullyautomatix assures us will be soon, and not before time!)
            DKUATB.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Excellent news.
              The cost of the former outweighs the latter.

Comment

Excellent news.
                Made the mistake of taking the kids to Legoland on a weekday in July, after the UK private schools broke up but before the state schools did, and it was full of the most ghastly parents with their weirdly dressed whiny kids. If we go again (and hopefully never again) it will be before the private schools break up as well.

Comment

What I don't understand is how schools can send children on school trips - skiing, LEGOLAND, etcetc where there is no educational value. But families cannot do that themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    Made the mistake of taking the kids to Legoland on a weekday in July, after the UK private schools broke up but before the state schools did, and it was full of the most ghastly parents with their weirdly dressed whiny kids. If we go again (and hopefully never again) it will be before the private schools break up as well.
                    I think you're making this up. Private school parents would never take their kids to Legoland, darlink.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X