Supreme Court upholds term-time ban on holidays Supreme Court upholds term-time ban on holidays
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 38

Better than AtW

sasguru - scorchio!

Default Supreme Court upholds term-time ban on holidays

Excellent news.
    Means those of us with kids in private schools can escape the plebs AND get cheaper holidays at the same time
    Last edited by sasguru; 6th April 2017 at 09:33.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

More time posting than coding

jimjamuk is too good to be a permie

Im torn both ways on this - as far as Im concerned if your kids are doing alright and have good attendance then you should be able to have that holiday during term time (with some limitations on when i.e upcoming exams)

On the other hand my lads are past this now and my daughter breaks up at the start of July so I'm with sasguru on this one and I don't want my cheap holidays going up in price......

Godlike

Mordac is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    Excellent news.
    Means those of us with kids in private schools can escape the plebs AND get cheaper holidays at the same time
    Labour want to put VAT on school fees. What are the chances your kids are still of school age when they next get in?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Better than AtW

sasguru - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    Labour want to put VAT on school fees. What are the chances your kids are still of school age when they next get in?
    Next to zero
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

More fingers than teeth

OwlHoot - scorchio!

Excellent news.

Ah but don't forget you'll be paying VAT on school fees, when Steptoe gets into power (which fullyautomatix assures us will be soon, and not before time!)
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Better than AtW

sasguru - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Ah but don't forget you'll be paying VAT on school fees, when Steptoe gets into power (which fullyautomatix assures us will be soon, and not before time!)
    DKUATB.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Super poster

The_Equalizer is NOT a disguised employee

Excellent news.
    The cost of the former outweighs the latter.

Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

Excellent news.
    Made the mistake of taking the kids to Legoland on a weekday in July, after the UK private schools broke up but before the state schools did, and it was full of the most ghastly parents with their weirdly dressed whiny kids. If we go again (and hopefully never again) it will be before the private schools break up as well.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

What I don't understand is how schools can send children on school trips - skiing, LEGOLAND, etcetc where there is no educational value. But families cannot do that themselves.

Better than AtW

sasguru - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Made the mistake of taking the kids to Legoland on a weekday in July, after the UK private schools broke up but before the state schools did, and it was full of the most ghastly parents with their weirdly dressed whiny kids. If we go again (and hopefully never again) it will be before the private schools break up as well.
    I think you're making this up. Private school parents would never take their kids to Legoland, darlink.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal