• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit DOOM™: No flight zone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, to sum up what we've learned so far:
    1: Ryanair don't know what they're talking about.
    2: The Graun are so gullible / desperate for a bad-news Brexit story, they'll run with it anyway, even though a tiny bit of "research" will prove the "story" to be complete bollocks.
    3: AtW is hovering over the refresh button, waiting for the next Brexit DOOM™ story to appear, and at no point does he engage the mental capacity (insert your own joke here) to ask himself whether it has any actual merit whatsoever.

I think we're done on this one. Next.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Giving the fact that Ryanair is mostly used by poor E.Europe immigrants, this news is more of a Brexit Boom™

Comment

I went on a Ryanair flight once. It was like some form of sensory deprivation for 3 hours. Once they're forced out of business by Brexit they can put their planes to good use torturing ISIS persons by flying them round for a few hours and selling them tat.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          We did this a couple of weeks back. IIRC Ryanair may still have to ditch some UK shareholders to ensure it's majority EU owned to qualify, and there were question marks over Easyjet too.

The issue is where they're based. BA can fly from Heathrow to anywhere in Europe, but they wouldn't be able to operate a service from Paris to Berlin for example, only EU carriers would be allowed to do that. And EU carriers wouldn't have a problem flying to and from the UK. The big problem for RyanAir is if they're based at Stansted they can't fly between other EU airports.

I think.
          Aren't BA owned by IAG though which is based in the EU
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            Once they're forced out of business by Brexit
            What do you think will happen with prices on your favourite airlines once Ryanair is out of business?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              What do you think will happen with prices on your favourite airlines once Ryanair is out of business?
              It doesn't work with nationalists. They will say they are happy paying twice for easyjet and BA

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                Aren't BA owned by IAG though which is based in the EU
                Yes, we've been through that.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                  Giving the fact that Ryanair is mostly used by poor E.Europe immigrants, this news is more of a Brexit Boom™
                  It's used by all income groups from E. Europe and those from the "proper" Europe, because budget airlines are often the only ones that fly to airports other than the capital cities of E. Europe.
                  You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Berlin and Paris are outside of the EU?

Have you been sniffing squirrel poo again?
                    Well, if you give London Ashford Airport a nudge... it may end up on the other side of the channel and be called... London Calais Airport maybe?
                    You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      I frankly don't care - I've never flown Ryanair (the wife has, she really didn't enjoy the "experience") mainly because I'm a teeny bit suspicious as to how much of the £29.99 fare actually goes into airline maintenance. I can't even get a return to Reading on the train for that, at least not at any time which is actually useful, so I'll pass on Ryanair, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X