• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Golf: The Masters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    Siouxsie plays golf? Really?!

Mind you, considering Alice Cooper, Lou Reed and Iggy Pop all teamed up for a pro-celebrity tournament, I can well believe it.
    Alice Cooper gets a mention !!! I knew I'd like this site
    We got the Oystons out like we said we would

Comment

Originally posted by Hertsseasider View Post
      Hello Hooray
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
        High profile! Really?

I am not sure any of them would "spring" to mind in any context let alone Golf.
        Despite Hazel fronting the Masters coverage for the last few years you mean?

Originally posted by Hertsseasider View Post
        Vincent's a 5.5 handicap.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Freddy Freddy Freddy!

57 years old, 2 under par and in contention.

No wonder they call him Fearless Freddy.

Comment

The truth

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

One of the things that has crossed my mind this Masters weekend is where are all the big swingers? The big hitters of the ball?

The Woods's and the Els's of this world would have no problem driving 300 yards but the current leader, Fowler, is laying up way, way short of that.

Furthermore, where is the "Ken on the Green" feature this year? I used to enjoy him but looks like he's been done away with.

Poor old Ken.

Comment

Great eagle from Michelson there at the 2nd.
                Well done Lefty

Comment

Congrats to Sergio!!
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Golfers All

task statuses - mismatches. - create mapping.

I don't know how many of you were Watching the action from the Augusta National that was unfolding on our TV screens last night but this was very much the result that golf needed.

Rather than the procession of somewhat anonymous major winners of recent years, we have in Sergio Garcia a win from a big ticket player instead of the whassisface Speiths or whodjamcallit Watsons of this world.

The man with the "magic Spanish hands", is how various commentators are referring to him this morning. In fact, this very fitting epithet made me mindful of the gravelly voiced gipsy trobadour of the 1970s, Manitas de Plata (little hands of silver).

Perhaps Sergio will come to be known as Manitas de Oro?

Either way, muchas felicitaciones a Sergio. Ole!

Just some general observations on the tournament as whole.

Regarding the course itself, I felt the pin positions were overly agressive particularly on holes with a big drop off. Good approach play was frequently punished by what amounted to no more than a lottery.

Overall the behaviour of the galleries was pretty commendable with little of the "get in the hole" boorishness of previous tournaments.
                    I also thought the reaction of the crowd to the European leading group during the latter stages was truly heartwarming. Indeed, Sergio sinking his birdie putt at the first play-off hole was a true hands across the ocean moment.

All in all, a great spectacle that surpassed even my high expectations of this verdant cathederal of human endeavour, sportsmanship and technical prowess.

We truly are golfers all.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      Despite Hazel fronting the Masters coverage for the last few years you mean?
                      Only somebody that GAS would know that though.

Comment

Working...
                      X