• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Golf: The Masters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alliss in new sexism row

I'd be disappointed if a man of 86 didn't have something un-pc to say about a girl in a short mini!

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
      Alliss in new sexism row

I'd be disappointed if a man of 86 didn't have something un-pc to say about a girl in a short mini!
      An absolute nothing throwaway off-mic comment about a skirt that's nearly showing her arse cheeks?

Mr Alliss was brought up in an age of more decorum and commentates on a sport that shows a lot of it. It wasn't as if he'd said something like "have you seen the threpenny bits on that?"
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        An absolute nothing throwaway off-mic comment about a skirt that's nearly showing her arse cheeks?

Mr Alliss was brought up in an age of more decorum and commentates on a sport that shows a lot of it. It wasn't as if he'd said something like "have you seen the threpenny bits on that?"
        I think they are trying to erase people like him from the airwaves.

The various comments that he has made that have outraged the usual suspects on Twitter are completely innocuous, e.g. Kitchengate

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
          I think they are trying to erase people like him from the airwaves.

The various comments that he has made that have outraged the usual suspects on Twitter are completely innocuous, e.g. Kitchengate
          The one at weekend was factual and not sexist at all. Even by the standards of the persistently offended, it's crap.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            The one at weekend was factual and not sexist at all. Even by the standards of the persistently offended, it's crap.
            For many of us, Peter Alliss simply is the voice of golf.

I remember the international pro-celebrity golf series that he used to host in the 70s from Gleneagles. It would be the USA headed up by Tom Watson vs the UK with Peter Oosterhuis or Tony Jacklin as captain.

Then there'd be all the golfing celebs of the day; Kenny Lynch, Charlie Drake, Eric Sykes, Brucie while the US had stars like Bing Crosby, Mickey Rooney etc.

Anyway, the entertainment value of the show, aprt fro the golf, was just the banter between Alliss and the stars as they walked down the fairways between shots.

The man has a real talent - would have made a great chat show host.

Comment

Working...
            X