• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice needed: Psychological Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I dumped a load of old technical books. Two weeks later I had a call from a hospital that lost its data on an old system that no-one has any clue about; I had thrown the manual out but luckily I had floppies with an electronic copy.
    and that is precisely my psychological worry

on the other hand, if plan b keeps going the way it is, I'll retire altogether from IT in two years time and work in the plan b full time - and then the decision will be easy

Milan.

Comment

Charity shop, village fete, or recycling.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Give them to charity shop.

If they are anything like the books i had for uni they are now so out of date as to be worthless.
        Chances are they won't take them. Stick them in re-cycling. If the bin-men reject them, you know where you stand.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          Chances are they won't take them. Stick them in re-cycling. If the bin-men reject them, you know where you stand.

bin men won't reject them - I'm living on the mainland

Milan.

Comment

I thought SAP books had to be written on soft, 2-ply, embossed paper these days, so that with one wipe you could be closer to the truth.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
              What to do ?

What do you do ?

Milan.
              Recycle them. Or ask this guy, if he needs them.
              You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
                Recycle them. Or ask this guy, if he needs them.
                Someone say it AGAIN!
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

You have psychological issues. Nothing to do with technical books.

Comment

I'm working up the courage to dispose of my Windows NT 4.0 book, and also my Uniface manuals. It's hard.....

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                      bin men won't reject them - I'm living on the mainland

Milan.
                      Then we have a winner.
                      Sorry about your psychological problems, but you're mad (pardon the expression) bringing them here, of all places.
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X