• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice needed: Psychological Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet if you put them on eBay at 99p + postage someone will buy them.

There's a load of stupid suggestions here: How can I reuse or recycle old books? | How can I recycle this?
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      and that is precisely my psychological worry

on the other hand, if plan b keeps going the way it is, I'll retire altogether from IT in two years time and work in the plan b full time - and then the decision will be easy

Milan.
      If you're going to retire in two years, keep them until you do and then have a ceremonial something or other when you move over to plan b.

#procrastinationforthewin

Comment

The Daily Mail suggests posting unwanted items to the Conservative Party Freepost address. Don't know if it works internationally.

Joanna George, Freepost RSBB-XRZT-ZTXE, The Conservative Party Foundation, 30 Millbank, London SW1P 4DP.

David Cameron's £9million pro-EU mailshot stinks writes Quentin Letts | Daily Mail Online

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          This isn't a psychological problem.

HTHBIDIVVM
          Is it even a problem?
          I suppose you could argue it was a minor irritation - I mean the disposal of worthless old tat rather than the OP although............

Comment

But, and here's the problem, I have a psychological problem to dispose of the books
            I have lots of old stuff in my bookshelf too, Perl, Jscript, HTML, Access 97, Flash 5, etc. that I have not opened for years but I don't think that is one of my many psychological problems, it's just practicality.

There is no point whatever buying books these days, you can find any programming solution online, so, if you get rid of your old programming books, what are you going to fill the space in your bookshelf with? They look nicer than empty space.

PS Although I did actually chuck away my books on OPL. Doubt I'll be programming my Psion 3 again.

PS Oh no! The Psion is coming back!. What have I done???
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I chuck the odd one in the logburner every so often.
              ... they're not even great for that......

Comment

Burn them milan, then buy yourself a giant phallus which you can attach to your forehead for when you are out in public.
                That way strangers will be able to gauge just what sort of a sad loser you are without having to go to the lengths of perusing your library.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  Burn them milan, then buy yourself a giant phallus which you can attach to your forehead for when you are out in public.
                  That way strangers will be able to gauge just what sort of a sad loser you are without having to go to the lengths of perusing your library.

HTH

The voice of experience.

Comment

Shaun

that was a champion reply good job how do you think them up I am jealous of your powers of on the spot insulting creativity

NLUK - same top marks brilliant response

Milan

Comment

Old SAP books? Put them on the India equivalent of eBay. Given the number of India SAP "consultants" that seem to be stuck with the technologies SAP was using in the late 90's, I'm sure they'll be snapped up in no time.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X