• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Syria - bit quick off the mark?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's amazing to see how people of all political ideologies/beliefs (far left-far right) can see the falsehood of these arguments. Especially after all the clear alternative facts states by the Trump loonies. People didn't believe the constant lies coming out of Trumps twitter account, they are unlikely to believe these lies. What's amazing is how they can just crack on without giving a damn about what anybody thinks - sounds like democracy eh?

Comment

You always have to consider, in these situations, who benefits? Grumman Northrop shares must be down a bit.

As an aside, I don't remember the same scrutiny of POTUS when Obama started bombing Syria.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Knee jerk reaction without proof or substance. And the PM is trying to get into bed with this loon. 'The UK fully backs the decision' - I read this morning. Whit?! Is this what being out the EU means, agreeing with everything the US does and hope it means we get a nice fluffy trade deal.

Syria forces had no reason to take this action, they're winning. That much is obvious. The US just gave ISIS support this morning.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Oil at one-month high after US strikes in Syria rattle markets

What the fracking hell is going on here then?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Knee jerk reaction without proof or substance. And the PM is trying to get into bed with this loon. 'The UK fully backs the decision' - I read this morning. Whit?! Is this what being out the EU means, agreeing with everything the US does and hope it means we get a nice fluffy trade deal.

Syria forces had no reason to take this action, they're winning. That much is obvious. The US just gave ISIS support this morning.
            WHS

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              Are you suggesting that the CIA was somehow responsible for using the chemical weapons?
              What? No. What made you think that? I'm saying Trump administration grabbed this opportunity to focus media's attention on something other than domestic problems.
              You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Is this what being out the EU means, agreeing with everything the US does and hope it means we get a nice fluffy trade deal.
                Tusk, on behalf of the EU, and France and Germany have endorsed Trump's action. WTF has Brexit got to do with it?

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
                  What? No. What made you think that? I'm saying Trump administration grabbed this opportunity to focus media's attention on something other than domestic problems.
                  Are you saying Trump spent $90 million to deflect attention? I don't think so. Houdini managed deflection without spending a cent. Perhaps Trump should read a book of his, but I understand reading is not his forte.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

You missed the whole Blair being Bush's poodle bit? Really?
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                      Are you suggesting that the CIA was somehow responsible for using the chemical weapons?
                      There isnt any proof that itsnt.

The US attack seems to suport this ambiguity. They just wanna war with whoever, even Russia at this point. I know I am not going out killing anyone, I won't be part of this bloodbath.

Comment

Working...
                      X