• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looks like it is kicking off in Sweden

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    If it's a Muslim acting on their own. it's a terrorist. If it's a white racist, it's a lone wolf.
    I thought mentioning the M word was an instant ...?
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      Context is all sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        I think he had a point
        apparently not

The Edithorial: How Enoch Powell Got Vergil Wrong
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

So in February, Trump talks about an attack in Sweden. Then it happens in April... Maybe he was looking at the wrong page of his calendar.

The number of people prepared to drive trucks into crowds and get killed/removed from society will also be very much less than the number of possible victims. Unless they breed much faster (which is difficult if you're dead or in prison), eventually we'll run out of such truck drivers and everyone will be safe(r).
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            So in February, Trump talks about an attack in Sweden. Then it happens in April... Maybe he was looking at the wrong page of his calendar.

The number of people prepared to drive trucks into crowds and get killed/removed from society will also be very much less than the number of possible victims. Unless they breed much faster (which is difficult if you're dead or in prison), eventually we'll run out of such truck drivers and everyone will be safe(r).
            Doesn't seem to have happened in Iraq, Syria etc.

The number of people willing to drive a vehicle into a crowd is increasing that is why the number of attacks are increasing. You only need a few and its a serious problem.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              The number of people willing to drive a vehicle into a crowd is increasing that is why the number of attacks are increasing. You only need a few and its a serious problem.
              Is it really? The numbers are still very small. The number of murderous bastards might well be unchanged (or even decreased) - it's just now they've a simple method of expressing their hatred. It's certainly simpler and cheaper than getting hold of the right kind of explosives for a suicide bombing.

Comment

It's certainly simpler and cheaper than getting hold of the right kind of explosives for a suicide bombing
                Quite. Totally unpreventable given all the lorries on the roads in cities.

Maybe we should stop this daft PC pretence that the current wave of terrorism in Europe it is nothing to do with migrants and minorities, the products of previous migration, and control our borders properly. If we only took in high performers who accept our core values and integrate we would not have these problems.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Maybe we should stop this daft PC pretence that the current wave of terrorism in Europe it is nothing to do with migrants and minorities, the products of previous migration, and control our borders properly. If we only took in high performers who accept our core values and integrate we would not have these problems.
                  far too sensible

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

You can never tell who is going to integrate well. Having said that, high performers might have a better chance to become high earners and that can help them become more peaceful, because once you have some worldly possessions you are less likely to want to stop enjoying them. When you have little and see little chance of climbing the social ladder, you may think that blowing yourself up is an attractive way to vent your frustration. I don't think people fleeing the war want to be in Europe, they's rather go back, but once a war starts rolling, there is no way of telling when it's going to end. Accepting our values sounds easy, but it's difficult to do in practice, because even if they try to do so, they are constantly reminded that they are different, foreign.

This is what Sadiq Khan had to say when he wrote an introduction to his "Fairness not Favours"

"(...) no matter how hard I try not to allow my faith to define me as an MP – no matter how many times I ask not to have my religion precede my occupation when I am introduced or described – the fact is that others do often define me by my faith."

I think this is a shared experience among foreigners, not just Muslim. As soon as they look/speak/dress/behave different than the majority of the local population, they will be branded in a certain way and they may not be able to ever shake it off. Eastern Europeans were often called "communists" before 2000. Now they are called "economic migrants". Anyone with a brown skin is now a Muslim or a terrorist.
                    You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                      It is. M for moment, m for millisecond. They're all synonyms for instant.

Comment

Working...
                      X