• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Syria strike 'vindicates' North Korea's nuclear choice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syria strike 'vindicates' North Korea's nuclear choice

Well done Mr Trump. Well done.

Wonder how many Trumpers are having buyers remorse.

North Korea says a US missile strike on Syria "proves a million times over" that it was right to strengthen its nuclear programme, state media report.

They cited an unnamed government spokesman saying Friday's strike was an "intolerable act of aggression against a sovereign state".

The strikes followed Wednesday's suspected chemical attack on a rebel-held Syrian town which killed 89.
    North Korea has carried out tests to develop a nuclear missile.

The UN has banned it from missile or nuclear tests.
    But it has repeatedly broken those sanctions. It has successfully tested nuclear bombs of increasing power and claims to have been able to make warheads small enough to fit on a missile, but some experts have cast doubt on those claims.
    source: Syria strike 'vindicates' North Korea's nuclear choice - BBC News
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Well done Mr Trump. Well done.

Wonder how many Trumpers are having buyers remorse.

source: Syria strike 'vindicates' North Korea's nuclear choice - BBC News
    Do you have a point SS?

Basically Trump has set a very strong line in the sand, and immediately acted upon that. I like it. I think it show strong leadership and frankly something I subscribe to.

At the other end, a state which was set up by the Russians in the 60's and has a family Dictatorship which has only an interest to protect itself, believes it needs nuclear weapons to protect itself, so heads off(against warnings and sanctions) to build a static, 'STATIC', I shall repeat that once more for the hard of hearing ' S T A T I C' nuclear device which they have tested underground.

On the flip side they are practicing with ballastic missiles.

In this case 1 + 1 does not equal two. It is very difficult to attach a Nuclear Bomb to the a missile and get it to fly around the world.

So, NK is in a point of brinksmanship. They do have a large bomb, they can fire missiles, they cannot attach the two.

So, a clear warning from the US if you transgress the rules and you will be attacked is valid. Personally I think we should take out Little Kim and tell the Russians to **** off.

Marxism is dead and the cold war is over. We've allowed Russia to gain strength and should take out the last few bastions of the cold war (Syria, NK and Iran) as soon as possible.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Amazing how quickly public change their opinions. A prime reason for Trump winning power in the first place was nothing to do with history. And everything to do with making 'America great again'. Many poor Americans felt ignored by the establishment. He promised to spend money on them, rebuilding industry rather than funding conflicts.

What does he do in the first 100 days? Spends tens of millions of dollars using missiles (of which he's a shareholder in the manufacturing company) and provokes NK into arming up. Launches an air strike without evidence and the consensus of the UN.

He'll drag the US into a major conflict before his term is up.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Do you have a point SS?

Basically Trump has set a very strong line in the sand, and immediately acted upon that. I like it. I think it show strong leadership and frankly something I subscribe to.
        So if I stood for president on a manifesto of personally killing every child in the nation under the age of 5, was (somehow - think foreign help with election rigging) elected to president and then followed through on my manifesto pledge of killing every child in the nation, that would make me a great president for being such a strong leader due to making a statement of doing something and acting upon it?

The abhorrence of the act means nothing?

Comment

London : 'we're holding a referendum to leave the Eureopean union

EU: 'OK'

Scotland: 'we're holding a referendum to leave the UK union'

London: ' Oh no you're not'.
          EU never had any say in referendum or not.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            EU never had any say in referendum or not.
            You mean we had control all along?!

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
              So if I stood for president on a manifesto of personally killing every child in the nation under the age of 5, was (somehow - think foreign help with election rigging) elected to president and then followed through on my manifesto pledge of killing every child in the nation, that would make me a great president for being such a strong leader due to making a statement of doing something and acting upon it?

The abhorrence of the act means nothing?
              That's kinda how democracy works I guess. Think we're safe though, I'm not sure you'd get voted in with that policy..

Would you rather the people vote for someone based on their promises and then they do the opposite of what they promised?

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
                Would you rather the people vote for someone based on their promises and then they do the opposite of what they promised?
                it works with British Politics.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

provokes NK into arming up..
                  Like they NEEDED provoking.

Honestly, you seem to have evolved in a completely different direction to any of the options that Darwin ever considered.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                  X