• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
    Just bought some neo as well.
    the order book didn't go above 5% over what I paid when i bought and it's now closer to 10%...i think you're right about the pump coming
    Basically. there's so much new money coming in and people are starting to trade that it doesn't take a lot for people to get on a bandwagon. They see a 10% change in an hour, normal for crypto but ridiculous in any other market, and they FOMO cycle starts.

So I'm just trying to spot where this might be starting and letting it roll or looking at a big coin seeing if it's rising against the dollar, but not so much against BTC. I'll sell if it drops, but so far that hasn't happened.

It won't last, so make hay...

Comment

bitcoin is rising steadily again - I've noticed most pumps tend to stall when BTC goes through a growth spurt. Which may be a time to get out if you've made a decent return already and/or buy back in when the pump re-starts. I haven't tried this though, think I'm happy just to let it roll.

Comment

Sold your XLM yet?

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
          Sold your XLM yet?
          Long term HODL for me this one.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
            Long term HODL for me this one.
            Me too. Got most of my stash in that so not much to play with elsewhere
            Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Ive only got a little XML after buyng back in. Will hodl for a while I think.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                Me too. Got most of my stash in that so not much to play with elsewhere
                Has gone 10x already hence why I asked.

Comment

I've been holding a small amount of 4 coins that all dropped in value against BTC by 50 - 80%. NMR, DOGE, LBRY and BitShares.

Bitshares and DOGE are now back over the value I paid for them and LBRY might be on it's way too.

NMR is the only coin that is actually worth less FIAT than I paid for it. It was also a scooterscoot tip - another one he got completely wrong

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                    Has gone 10x already hence why I asked.
                    I'm convinced we'll see ATH before feb.
                    The one day chart looks like a cup and handle pattern. I actually missed the burst to 1500 sats I saw the 1200 hit the night before and sold, expecting it to drop back to about 1100. Could have done myself some harm when i woke up and saw 1500!
                    I'm currently sat watching MTL..it looks to be in a flag after a great spike this morning. Hopefully it will complete the pattern later on this afternoon. Not much volume at the moment though
                    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                      I've been holding a small amount of 4 coins that all dropped in value against BTC by 50 - 80%. NMR, DOGE, LBRY and BitShares.

Bitshares and DOGE are now back over the value I paid for them and LBRY might be on it's way too.

NMR is the only coin that is actually worth less FIAT than I paid for it. It was also a scooterscoot tip - another one he got completely wrong
                      I happened to look at LBRY today as well...passed on it but I'm sure I saw one of the contributors on tradingview say it's ready to pump

Comment

Working...
                      X