• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Sure I had some bitshares on bittrex.... Forgot about them - what would have happened to them?

Ahhh - current value $6.18
    You should contact Bittrex, hopefully it is still possible to withdraw them. Crap if not.

Bitshares are about $0.8 at the minute, think it'll drop - just formed a massive cup. But then so did Stellar form a massive cup and instead of dropping it rocketed. I know nothing.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Down 200 sats - hope you managed to take some profits.
      I decided against it the other night, was a tough decision but decided to hodl longer term. I would like an idea of how far this one could go fundamentally (I've read $2 somewhere?)

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
      Are any of you 'old guard' using these decentralised exchanges, even if only partially?

If not, is it more than the possible lack of liquidity in the trading that is putting you off?

Seems a good option once up to speed on how it all works. I need to do more reading but I see that bitshares doesn't allow deposit from fiat only crypto (so still have hassle of getting a crypto from elsewhere first), yet openledger appears to offer fiat deposit/withdrawal.

I suppose as openledger uses the same bitshares blockchain they've just added some additional features or 'better' UI to give it some form of differential.
      I'm used to sending crypto between Bittrex and Nano or Uphold which is where I exchange FIAT. I use LTC at the moment as it's fast and cheap then trade it to BTC on the exchange to trade with.

Signing up with bitshares is on my to-do list this weekend.
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Whale watching

Saw this on my facebook feed yesterday form an established long time trading site that I learnt the basics of trading from back in 2009:

https://www.babypips.com/trading/how...-crypto-whales

Looks like spotting pump & dump opportunities is a legitimate recognized strategy now regardless of a coin's fundamentals... How long before organised pump & dump becomes illegal and will there be retrospective investigations/penalties? I have a feeling it will get hit hard as it's akin to insider trading.

One could almost just buy random alts that are low - set profit targets and wait until it's their turn.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          I think you may be right - if it is to become an actual usable transaction mechanism used by established banks etc they will not want it going 'to da moon'...

I wander what price ceiling they have in mind and where it is in relation to it right now.

Fer that reason - Ahm oot!

I dunno, what with Ripple CEO reportedly to be worth more than Zuckerberg (that may have been before the latest pull back), I can't see them dumping their stash, even if it was possible what with those 55 billion () XRP tokens being held in a series of escrows. Date constrained I presume.

They may choose to ride it out, waiting for all those new registrations to pile in who missed out on BTC in December, before gradually cashing out on the way up. That's what I'd do and I'm no genius.

So edging ones bets may be the safe option as always.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            Are any of you 'old guard' using these decentralised exchanges, even if only partially?

If not, is it more than the possible lack of liquidity in the trading that is putting you off?

Seems a good option once up to speed on how it all works. I need to do more reading but I see that bitshares doesn't allow deposit from fiat only crypto (so still have hassle of getting a crypto from elsewhere first), yet openledger appears to offer fiat deposit/withdrawal.

I suppose as openledger uses the same bitshares blockchain they've just added some additional features or 'better' UI to give it some form of differential.

volume is fine if you're dealing <$10k but don't expect to cash out $100k in five minutes. Use bitstamp for that
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Reddcoin is looking like it's about to take off. Buyer volume is outnumbering the sellers volume 10/1.

Might throw in a few BTC's worth...

Comment

Reddcoin is looking like it's about to take off. Buyer volume is outnumbering the sellers volume 10/1.

Getting itchy nano fingers - hopefully it will hold out a few hours...

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  Getting itchy nano fingers - hopefully it will hold out a few hours...

nothing worse when the itch strikes

Comment

Another one I bought a few months ago and has done nothing. Bought at about $0.0015 and its $0.0177 now. Because I bottled it and sold some I've only made about $170 on it. :-(

Still got just over 10000 unit though - worth $190 so might as well hold it.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

nothing worse when the itch strikes
                      It can be dangerous - I've spent so long learning to be patient and to ignore emotions, then this comes along and it's regular 4 figure days and 100's of % gains in days/weeks. It's completely skewed my expectations - getting on top of this aspect will be make or break when this market starts to normalise. Much as I love these amazing gains the fill yer boots scramble is not a sustainable long term mind set.

Must... stay... strategic... and.. stick... to... plan... (what plan?!)

Hodl - 75%
                      Trade - 25%
                      cash out (monthly) - 25% of profit after taking out initial stake upon hitting £50k...

I need to write that out on a piece of paper and read it 6 times a day.

Comment

Working...
                      X