• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manipulation, Fraud and Abuse: New York Attorney General Issues Stern Warning Against Cryptocurrency Exchanges

The New York State Attorney General’s office has ratcheted up its war of words against cryptocurrency exchanges, warning consumers of the myriad of risks they face in depositing money on these platforms.

Crypto Exchanges at Risk of Manipulation
    In a lengthy report on the “Virtual Markets Integrity Initiative,” New York’s Attorney General argues that online cryptocurrency exchanges are vulnerable to manipulation, fraud and other types of abuse. Consumers of these platforms therefore “face significant risks” from hackers and the exchange operators themselves, some of which have been known to exploit “deceptive and predatory practices, market manipulation, and insider abuses.

“[V]irtual asset trading platforms now in operation have not registered under state or federal securities or commodities laws,” the report says. “Nor have they implemented common standards for security, internal controls, market surveillance protocols, disclosures, or other investor and consumer protections. Accordingly, customers of virtual asset trading platforms face significant risks.”

https://hacked.com/manipulation-frau...ncy-exchanges/

All the “charts” posted here are likley just showing manipulated exchange rates, they are misleading

Comment

Massive up day today - XRP was up 50% earlier just today

Ready for some YUGE gains!

"Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Quick quick ATW before it leaves the station

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I keep refreshing coinmarketcap and another $billion dollars is added, insane. Not like this in 2017 at all.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
            Massive up day today - XRP was up 50% earlier just today

Ready for some YUGE gains!
            Of course it did. I sold all my XRP on Wedensday

#Arsebolloxcnut
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Buy high sell low - no wait it's the other way!

Last edited by scooterscot; 21 September 2018, 13:56.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Buy high sell low - no wait it's the other way!

With hindsight I’d be a really good investor/gambler.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  I keep refreshing coinmarketcap and another $billion dollars is added, insane. Not like this in 2017 at all.
                  Portfolio up over £2k in 1 day - if this continues for the rest of the year that'd be great.
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

going short on XRP..... now!

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                      Portfolio up over £2k in 1 day - if this continues for the rest of the year that'd be great.
                      AtW;

Originally posted by Old Greg
                      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Working...
                      X