• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    That's an important distinction. I really think it extremely unlikely it's going to 0. What's happening now is bad for the short termers and over leveraged.
    Investing pension at 6k and then going to 600 will feel very much like zero

Scooty is not a scammer - he is an idiot...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Investing pension at 6k and then going to 600 will feel very much like zero

Scooty is not a scammer - he is an idiot...
      Another important distinction there.
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        1) Mostly adoption. No one is paying attention to the rate of adoption. 1ML - Lightning Network Search and Analysis Engine - mainnet That address will take you to the lightening network stats page. Look how quickly adoption is occurring in the past few weeks. More and more nodes are coming online. Bitcoin only had a maximum seven transactions per second prior to the lightening network. Systems like VISA are able to process up to 45,000 transactions per second ("tps"). Lightning Network enables millions of transactions per second. Holders of XRP will have a 'oh no' moment in the future, mark my words.

2) Network effects. Again, no one is paying attention to network effects. Bitcoin is the king of all blockchains because it was the first and as such the most recognised. That's not going to change. The state of Ohio has just allowed it citizens to pay taxes in Bitcoin.

3) USD collapse, it's in the post.

4) There's only about 15 million tokens in circulation. It should be 21, however a number have already been lost and a number of people will just remain holders. The volume available for moving around is about 15 million once the remainder is minded. Actual circulation is around 11million

5) Given (4), no one is paying attention to central banks printing like there's no tomorrow. Like gold, no one is printing Bitcoin. Given the market capital of gold.... well look it up before gold ETFs were traded and its price today, that alone will take Bitcoin beyond $100k

I agree on number 3 I am not sure about the others

I hope you are right for your own sake and wish you success

Milan.

Comment

Won't the good ole USA go to war to protect the $ before seeing it collapse? They've done it before when various despots have threatened to pull away from pricing their oil in $.

Maybe should cross-post to that 'WWIII is imminent' thread.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            Won't the good ole USA go to war to protect the $ before seeing it collapse? They've done it before when various despots have threatened to pull away from pricing their oil in $.

well, that's the problem isn't are the countries now threatening the $ too big for the US to go to war with ?

people in the know keep quoting this when discussing how fast it will happen...

Quote by Ernest Hemingway: “How did you go bankrupt?"
            Two ways. Gradually,...”

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
              I agree on number 3 I am not sure about the others

I hope you are right for your own sake and wish you success

Milan.
              I don't hope. I calculate :-)
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post

With who? The threat to the dollar is from within this time, not external.

America's demise as a superpower is the fault of Americans. Just from the UK's is the fault of economically inactive leave voters.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

America's demise as a superpower is the fault of Americans. Just from the UK's is the fault of economically inactive leave voters.
                  there's more to it than that

hence as Hemingway said, gradually and then suddenly

do your own research

n.b. this stuff is not really discussed in the main stream british press

Milan.
                  Last edited by milanbenes; 28 November 2018, 15:49.

Comment

I don't hope. I calculate :-)
                    that's the spirit

Milan.

Comment

The petro$ was challenged twice in recent history, fist time was Saddam Hussein, second time was Ghadafi.

Now Russia and China are cutting the USD out of their oil trades and encouraging other countries within their sphere of influence to do the same. America can't just bomb the hell out of Russia and China.

There's talk about them bringing out a new gold backed FIAT currency to challenge the USD, as they have both been accumulating a lot of gold the last few years...
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X