• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just hope I don't see another post in 2-years saying you're going to take a position when each coin is trading @ $100k

The bear market is over, cashing out at the bottom is something of an understatement.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      One reason I'm extracting mine from the exchanges is there is no transparency about what you catually have.
      For all I know they might be leveraging them 20 times and hoping noone draws the cash.

I'd prefer keeping them in my own wallet, but the transfer rates are enormous, and the trading value between BTC and Fiat are also terrible.

It's been a fun ride. I've made a few grand, but I'm out.
      The whole thing is a giant scam consisting of different scams on many levels - the most common is certainly Ponzi scheme, which should be assumed all “exchanges” are engaging into

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        I just hope I don't see another post in 2-years saying you're going to take a position when each coin is trading @ $100k

The bear market is over, cashing out at the bottom is something of an understatement.
        I won’t buy this tulip regardless of the price - each transaction is likely involving proceeds of crime and/or money laundering, some include terrorist financing

But you keep doing it scooty

Comment

And so do you. So do you with your desperate attempts to discredit new technology with unproven activities that already occur or a far larger scale with traditional currencies. Where is your protest for the abuse of Fiat? One wonders for what original reasons you put so much energy into discrediting change for the betterment of all.
          Last edited by scooterscot; 17 May 2019, 19:46.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I despise fraudsters, that’s the reason.

What happens here is centuries old - fraud, particularly appalling as it’s done under the cover of “new technology”, sickening really that this is allowed to happen.

It’s particularly outrageous that cryptotulips are enabling cybercrime that wasn’t possible before on this scale, for that reason alone cryptotulips should be banned
            Last edited by AtW; 17 May 2019, 19:54.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

For once, Pooper is correct IMHO.

Error 429 (Too Many Requests)!!1

People are searching about BTC again. I would believe now is a good time to buy, but be prepared to dump after a profit is made...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

What happens here is centuries old - fraud, particularly appalling as it’s done under the cover of “new technology”, sickening really that this is allowed to happen.

It’s particularly outrageous that cryptotulips are enabling cybercrime that wasn’t possible before on this scale, for that reason alone cryptotulips should be banned

Where there's an opportunity to make money the scammers, fraudsters, and criminals will find a way. Technology isn't the problem, just another means to their end.

At least with most scamcoins there is a trail for crime investigation units to find and follow. Even with bitcoin if they can prove who owns a wallet then all the transactions are there as evidence against the perp. Can't say that for cash transactions.

So the authorities should be welcoming and encouraging the move to digital currency and bringing regulation and oversight to the current wild west. It also aids government prevalence for magicking money out of the air in the form of typing some new amounts into central bank computers, also refered to as 'printing' or 'quantitative easing'.

Play the game, know the rules, know when to walk away.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Isn't it time you changed the record...or turned the player off? Fair enough you have your opinion...but there are few on this thread who really care about it. We are/were in this thread to try and discuss the topic constructively. If the whole crypto thing gets banned (good luck with that btw) or does turn out to be a big scam then by all means come back with a big "I TOLD YOU SO" but until then....
                  Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

I just bought a Ledger Nano S for my next foray into Lambo ownership

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                      Isn't it time you changed the record...or turned the player off? Fair enough you have your opinion...but there are few on this thread who really care about it. We are/were in this thread to try and discuss the topic constructively. If the whole crypto thing gets banned (good luck with that btw) or does turn out to be a big scam then by all means come back with a big "I TOLD YOU SO" but until then....
                      He needs it, he's in this thread and others and making new ones just to argue on the Internet. Doesn't matter what the topic is. The kind thing would be to just let him have it as his thing.
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X