Cryptocurrency Cryptocurrency - Page 780
Page 780 of 791 FirstFirst ... 280680730770778779780781782790 ... LastLast
Posts 7,791 to 7,800 of 7907

Thread: Cryptocurrency

I live on CUK

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Quote Originally Posted by psychocandy View Post
    Scooter - Here we go. We're gonna be rich ;-)

Am feeling it. The doubters are in full doubt mode, the skeptics bearish AF, the stock market in full vertical mode - fantastic.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

I live on CUK

Quote Originally Posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Could it be that most investment into gold is through investment instruments that don't actually hold any gold, so it's paper gold not physically backed. Therefore the real gold price is unaffected by the majority of gold investments.

i.e. like bitcoins where you don't own it if you don't have the wallet it resides in, you don't own gold unless it's physical and in your possession rather than some bullion vault the government can easily raid if it's not already actually bare.

Heard that. HSBC as I understand holds much of the paper contracts for spot gold contracts, which outnumbers available physical gold making today's prices closer to $65k not $1500. CME markets have the same effect on BTC. Bottom line, it comes down to trust & confidence. The day confidence in the market drops the markets will plummet.

The 2020's will be defined by the retiring boomers leaving swathes of empty properties in their wake with a generation of debt loaded millennials unable to afford them resulting in a huge crash in valuations.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

I live on CUK

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    So you follow the second derivative, in the belief/hope that it isn't chaotic.

Jolly good.

Charts don't indicate black swan / Force Majeure (i.e. spot contract obligations are not filled). Nonetheless trends are predictable if you can master a simple set of rules.

I live on CUK

Today me portfolio be like

Godlike

ChimpMaster is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    Heard that. HSBC as I understand holds much of the paper contracts for spot gold contracts, which outnumbers available physical gold making today's prices closer to $65k not $1500. CME markets have the same effect on BTC. Bottom line, it comes down to trust & confidence. The day confidence in the market drops the markets will plummet.

The 2020's will be defined by the retiring boomers leaving swathes of empty properties in their wake with a generation of debt loaded millennials unable to afford them resulting in a huge crash in valuations.
    You need to stop reading those publications (and I use the term loosely) because nothing good ever comes from extremist philosophy.

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

I live on CUK

Extremist cause is does not fit the commonly held narrative? Whether we like it or not, millions of boomers are on the verge of retirement. They'll rain in the spending as they come realise the pension they thought they'd have fails to deliver. The jobs they leave behind cannot be easily filled as millennial's chose not to study subjects the real economy is dependent on. These macro trends are far from heresy or individual beliefs, they are the result of very real changes in demographics.

Brexit, not there's some extremist philosophy.

Contractor Among Contractors

b0redom has more data than eek

Nonetheless trends are predictable if you can master a simple set of rules.
    This is either bollocks, or you are unable to master the simple set of rules? Or both?
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

I live on CUK

Übung macht den meister.

Dirty spekulant

Jog On - scorchio!

Just went to the BABB thing in Canary Wharf, was really good. Got a free goodie bag and everything!

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    Whatever...

Double Godlike!

BR14 is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by b0redom View Post
    This is either bollocks, or you are unable to master the simple set of rules? Or both?
    Übung macht den meister.
    yep, you were right.
    it's bolloks.

hth
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................