• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I thought it was flattening the curve....

It's a good job CV doesn't behave like BTC, otherwise then we really would be in trouble.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
      FWIW, death cross has just occurred.

Bitcoincharts | Charts
      I'm sure Scotty will be here in a moment to "correct" your analysis. An upside-down chart makes this a golden cross - time to liquidate all other assets and put ALL your cash into Crypto!

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
        FWIW, death cross has just occurred.

Bitcoincharts | Charts

Look left.... Every time BTC made a death cross following a life cross the price action rallied upward, and it was powerful. It even did it after the collapse from the 2017/18 all time high

The chart below is the exit from the bear market of 2015. Almost text book of the last 6 months.

1) life cross

2) crashes below 200-week MA

3) Death cross

4) 80% rally in the price action

You'll look back on this month, ah March 2020, the month when I could have picked me up some BTC cheap as chips.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Look left.... Every time BTC made a death cross following a life cross the price action rallied upward, and it was powerful.
          This time might be different.

If stock markets tank again, I wouldn't be surprised if they take everything down with them, including crypto and gold.

This doesn't feel like a time to be bold.
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

I don't subscribed to the idea the crypto markets are aligned traditional markets. I do subscribe that all markets are a description of human psychology & emotion. For those of us that understand that, we can take advantage of that. (is it weird I first thought of Vorteil zuerst auf Deutsch?).

Consider also the crypto market <$165 billion. Traditional >$ trillions = they are not even in the same ball park.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              I don't subscribed to the idea the crypto markets are aligned traditional markets. I do subscribe that all markets are a description of human psychology & emotion. For those of us that understand that, we can take advantage of that. (is it weird I first thought of Vorteil zuerst auf Deutsch?).

Consider also the crypto market <$165 billion. Traditional >$ trillions = they are not even in the same ball park.
              Agreed, there's little correlation. Likewise, between gold and stocks.

However, when there is a liquidity crunch, it just becomes a dash for cash across the board.

Comment

Agreed - for the most part the crypto market is made up of speculators and early long term investors, family offices. I'm not sure who from those groups is now needing the 'dash for cash', I'm certainly not one of them. Perhaps then margin calls on positions? Maybe... still the market size is tiny compared to the larger markets. Hopefully the weak hands are flushed out already. Europe's largest exchange, Bitstamp, only has around 2000 Bitcoins available between now and $11k, bonkers. There's no liquidity to satisfy any serious demand.

Comment

Not long to go now until lift off...

Comment

I dunno man...rising price on decreasing volume. A less than impulsive upswing. Would expect to see at least 5.9k again first. I'm currently shorting...at least for now
                    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                      I dunno man...rising price on decreasing volume. A less than impulsive upswing. Would expect to see at least 5.9k again first. I'm currently shorting...at least for now
                      You're a braver man than me.

Managed to gather a few sats over the last wee while - no one is taking them from me. Death grip applied.

Comment

Working...
                      X