• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Watch that $14.2k level, that is the previously all time monthly high, expecting price action to be rejected from here in a big way. There's good evidence in the tea leafs to support this.
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    BTC price progression

Price of #Bitcoin
    on Valentine's Day:

2021: $49,000
    2020: $10,242
    2019: $3,569
    2018: $9,031
    2017: $1,008
    2016: $397
    2015: $247
    2014: $632
    2013: $26
    2012: $5
    2011: $1
    2010: 5¢

Next year, will it be $5K or $150K?
    Yes, somewhere in that range. Possibly
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Nvidia nerfed ETH “mining” via BIOS in 3060s

Comment

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 anti-mining algoritm is not just a driver thing, technology could expand to more SKUs - VideoCardz.com

Game Over - noobs won’t be able to buy cards to “mine” tulipcoins, happy gamers will finally be able to mine gold in Warcraft

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 anti-mining algoritm is not just a driver thing, technology could expand to more SKUs - VideoCardz.com

Game Over - noobs won’t be able to buy cards to “mine” tulipcoins, happy gamers will finally be able to mine gold in Warcraft
          But they're also selling separate mining kits - with the appropriate premium, i presume. They'll try sell this as a green thing (due to environmental costs of mining), of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
            But they're also selling separate mining kits - with the appropriate premium, i presume. They'll try sell this as a green thing (due to environmental costs of mining), of course.
            I am a fan of blockchain technology and can see many great user cases. I even see the great advantages the crypto currencies have over fiat.

However I believe that Bitcoin has now gone way, way past even Tulip madness. IMHO its entire market is driven by technical analysis and is just basically a self fulfilling prophecy presently.

I fully expect a 50% drop in the next few months .... and that drop will happen in a 48 hour period.

I admit that some of this may just be down to me hoping the big drop happens as it will also effect Ethereum (but to a lesser degree) as I want to purchase .... but will only do so after the Bitcoin crash.

Comment

Nvidia does not want heavily used (and failing more often) cards to flood the market at bargain prices when the tulipcoins go bust, this would feck up high pricing they’ve achieved over last last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Nvidia does not want heavily used (and failing more often) cards to flood the market at bargain prices when the tulipcoins go bust, this would feck up high pricing they’ve achieved over last last few years.
                If they want some free marketing, they should announce they'll allow customers to buy their mining kits using BitCoins. The Reddit kidz would go mental for that.

Comment

If they want some free marketing, they should announce they'll allow customers to buy their mining kits using BitCoins. The Reddit kidz would go mental for that.
                  Mining version don’t have display outputs so got zero resale value to gamers, that alone dents economics of “mining” a tad.

Nvidia really took serious repetitional damage from this tulip - their core market ain’t “miners”

Comment

Bitcoin to $40k by Mid-March

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BT...-by-Mid-March/

Well, that settles that then.

Comment

Future of money -

"It was just past midnight on Jan. 7, 2021, when “Nick Wendell” (a pseudonym) lost half a million dollars in bitcoin.

Bitcoin’s price was roaring toward $40,000, and Wendell was moving some of his bitcoin to a paper wallet generated by BitcoinPaperWallet.com. These wallets allow you to store your private key on a pdf that can then be printed out or saved as a computer file.

Within a minute of depositing 14.5 BTC, worth over $500,000 at the time (and now worth over $700,000), it was all gone. Someone had swept the funds from Wendell’s wallet and, after playing blockchain hopscotch across multiple addresses, sent them to the Binance exchange."

https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoinpape...funds-research

Comment

Working...
                      X