• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Made me smile - Bought my XMR's at $13 each... was actually one of my first coins after BTC. However I'm not so into them now.. Zencash will ultimately shield transactions with far greater privacy. And they still only cost around $30. But I think they'll be cheaper in January.
    Indeed, which is why I'm hodling zen for all of net year at least. Monero is still the current top dog for privacy coins, so I think it'll get a pump amid all this craziness. Just looking for short term coin accumulation.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
      both of those are long term holds for me, so not worrying about them for now. Zen will more likely see a (relatively) slow movement up in value as and when privacy coin users switch over. Same with ADA as it starts to get compete with ETH.
      I'm fully maxed out on my alts and don't have any BTC in bittrex to buy any more, don't want to sell any more either. I can't fund until after I've paid for my holiday and personal tax bill... hmmm credit card? (just kidding!). maybe I'll open a myLTD account on another exchange.
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        I'm fully maxed out on my alts and don't have any BTC in bittrex to buy any more, don't want to sell any more either. I can't fund until after I've paid for my holiday and personal tax bill... hmmm credit card? (just kidding!). maybe I'll open a myLTD account on another exchange.
        Sounds like your already in deep enough. Be careful.

Comment

Use your personal tax bill funds of course!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            Use your personal tax bill funds of course!
            I could just go over the lower rate threshold and end up having to pay the extra BIK for the company car - which should be punishment enough for being stupid enough to get it in the first place...

Otherwise I could sell my gold - or remortgage...
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I want ADA to hit my profit target so I can get into something else for short term pump/dump. Oh ans Zencash... any time this decade would be great...
              I'm with you on Zencash, I bought in 0.00331003 and despite the dollar price being up 50%, the BTC value is currently 0.00185340 which kinds screws me doing anything other than holding. If BTC doesn't have a big correction at some point or Zen goes nuts then I can't see me cashing out as I'm too down now to sell out.

Comment

Be patient. From the report scoot sent us, it was always gonna be one to hold well into next year.

Even if you're down against BTC, a 50% increase in real terms in a couple of months is still ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                  like the idea.
                  announcement was earlier today (Friday).

EncrypGen Now Offers Codigo46 DNA Kits Forms Strategic Alliance - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

Comment

Question to the experts.

If I have bitcoin and I want to exchange so for various alt coins (like Ripple, IOTA, DASH, Monero, etc). Is there an online exchange that also provides a wallet, so that I don't have to mess around with different wallets that support many alt coins?

The wallet and alt coins support is the thing I'm struggling with.

Or should I store them in a desktop wallet like Exodus
                    Last edited by _V_; 15 December 2017, 18:07.
                    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                      Question to the experts.

If I have bitcoin and I want to exchange so for various alt coins (like Ripple, IOTA, DASH, Monero, etc). Is there an online exchange that also provides a wallet, so that I don't have to mess around with different wallets that support many alt coins?

The wallet and alt coins support is the thing I'm struggling with.
                      There are software wallets such as electrum and jaxx that can store various coins in one place.
                      Or you can just leave them in the exchange if you trust them, I think you can move the coins from the exchange to the 'exchange wallet' which usually means they are cold stored offline.
                      If its large amounts then get yourself a hardware wallet like a nano ledger s.

My issue is that I am in and out of positions every few days so its costly and time consuming to push back and forth with a wallet. Set a really long password and 2FA though. For long term hodling defo just move them onto a hardware wallet.

Comment

Working...
                      X