• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
    Not clear if this is the case yet - the lows are not getting any lower. I think we're just seeing increased volatility after the correction at the moment. Well see in a week or 2 what the new trend will be.
    Wait until Segwit2x is activated... think you'll see increased trading in the new-year if it does become activated. If not, however... if increased delay or no adoption becomes likely then watch Bitcoin Cash explode. (poor mans bitcoin)

Bitcoin with Segwit2x will become a rich mans coin so still worth holding as a store of wealth just not traded frequently.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
      Aah no, only if held for 1 year+

So I'm afraid you do owe some tax
      I don't actually because I've been holding for over a year and still am. So there.

Do you think I'd have executed such a large trade without knowing this already?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
        Looks like there could yet be upside on XLM.
        think so... still an awesome coin to hold throughout 2018. Will wait for a correction of some sort before going back in.

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
        In other circles i see ADA and TRX being discussed a lot. SMART is an interesting as it pays a reward of 5% each month.

In terms of exchanges i am using Binance but only with very small funds atm.

For bigger trades what exchange are you using?
        More or less Bittrex exclusively.

Force coin has grabbed my attention, trying to achieve the same goals as Zencash in many ways. Bought a chuck of it the other night. At only 2-4p a coin can it's worth a punt imo.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          I don't actually because I've been holding for over a year and still am. So there.

By virtue of this thread you've shown to trade BTC more frequently than a year - and it's per holding - and yes I do think that, as it aligns with the rest of the nonsense in this thread.

Also it's quite obvious you think crypto is free from taxation in Germany (when it's not the case) by the nature of your postings on crypto taxation in DE.

Comment

Wait until Segwit2x is activated... think you'll see increased trading in the new-year if it does become activated. If not, however... if increased delay or no adoption becomes likely then watch Bitcoin Cash explode. (poor mans bitcoin)

Bitcoin with Segwit2x will become a rich mans coin so still worth holding as a store of wealth just not traded frequently.
            Segwit2x being touted now is different to that which was planned for November. It was scheduled for Dec 28th or thereabouts but didn't happen and apparently the team behind it isn't much of a team anyway. From what I've read anyway. So Segwit2x isn't going to happen I reckon but I would gladly be corrected on this point.

Comment

Also note as per DE legislation inter-crypto trading resets the timeframe - if you buy ETH via BTC you're taxed.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                By virtue of this thread you've shown to trade BTC more frequently than a year - and it's per holding - and yes I do think that, as it aligns with the rest of the nonsense in this thread.

Also it's quite obvious you think crypto is free from taxation in Germany (when it's not the case) by the nature of your postings on crypto taxation in DE.
                man you're bitter

Comment

man you're bitter
                  I'm happy for you buddy, but don't gloat and not pay taxes too eh?

Comment

think so... still an awesome coin to hold throughout 2018. Will wait for a correction of some sort before going back in.

More or less Bittrex exclusively.

Force coin has grabbed my attention, trying to achieve the same goals as Zencash in many ways. Bought a chuck of it the other night. At only 2-4p a coin can it's worth a punt imo.
                    I've taken a look at a number of smaller coins, like PRO and SMART for example. The issue I've found with these is that you can't find them on Binance or Bittrex. You have to look at some small obscure exchange, and that worries me.

FORCE is available mainly on CoinsMarkets, which I've never even heard of before. Is there where you bought them from? And did you take them off the exchange into a cold wallet?

(sorry for all the questions!)

Comment

Anyone know why shapeshift.io has so many coins that are no longer available to exchange?

https://shapeshift.io/#/coins

A lot of the unavailable ones are quite popular and well known ones.
                      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
                      X