• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    I'm developing a more long term mindset for Stell and Ripple. Going to hodle them both and add to them when possible. Seeing the likes of DASH, BCH, ETH over, at or nearing $1k, if this were to happen to Stella or Ripple that's multiple 7 figures on either one just to hodl for a year or 2 or 3.
    There are way too many coins for stellar or ripple to ever hit $1000. that would put ripple's market cap at something like $37 trillion.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I am sure when the market crashes the huge losses can be offset against tax bills......

It will be classified as gambling at that point, no tax rebates on losses.
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Now that Bittrex are not accepting new account registrations, which exchange is now the best for a good range of alt coin wallets online with reasonable fees and decent security?

Binance?

Poloniex?

Cryptopia?

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
          Now that Bittrex are not accepting new account registrations, which exchange is now the best for a good range of alt coin wallets online with reasonable fees and decent security?

Binance?

Poloniex?

Cryptopia?

I've used poloniex for a while with no problems, although scooter wasn't keen on them for some reason. I think there were issues with withdrawals at one point, but this was some time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

Binance?

Poloniex?

Cryptopia?

Not sure of the other 2 but binance is a load of rubbish. Constantly hangs when trade volume increases and you struggle to exit positions unless you guessed them correctly way in advance
            Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
              Never bought any crypto currency before, but thinking about dipping my toes in and buying £500 of XRP. I never realised how big a faff all this was. Ive got a Toast wallet on my iPhone. I’ve signed up for Coinbase but who knows when that will be verified. I’ve got a EUR account I can use for funds (Revolut). Not sure where to go from here TBH.
              You read reviews of all the exchanges and it puts you off. FYI my Coinbase verified within a few hours. Just login and check in case you haven't or retry. Coinbase is easy to use but its only ETH, LTC and BTC. And can be a pain to withdraw. I know Scoot recommended cryptopia but this is NZ based.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
                You read reviews of all the exchanges and it puts you off. FYI my Coinbase verified within a few hours. Just login and check in case you haven't or retry. Coinbase is easy to use but its only ETH, LTC and BTC. And can be a pain to withdraw. I know Scoot recommended cryptopia but this is NZ based.
                At the moment I’m just looking to purchase whichever is the quickest and cheapest option on Coinbase to transfer to somewhere I can exchange it for XRP and send on to my local wallet.

As well as drivers license verification I’ve finally figured out how to send some EUR from my Revolut account using SEPA (I had to send €2, it wouldn’t let me send €1) and I’ve seen a few people say it only took an hour, although Coinbase say 2-3 days. So it’s just a waiting game unless I can find somebody I trust to purchase on my behalf.

Comment

At the moment I’m just looking to purchase whichever is the quickest and cheapest option on Coinbase to transfer to somewhere I can exchange it for XRP and send on to my local wallet.

As well as drivers license verification I’ve finally figured out how to send some EUR from my Revolut account using SEPA (I had to send €2, it wouldn’t let me send €1) and I’ve seen a few people say it only took an hour, although Coinbase say 2-3 days. So it’s just a waiting game unless I can find somebody I trust to purchase on my behalf.
                  I'll sell you some ripple

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
                    My coinbase verified within a few hours, but as you say it's knowing where to go to once you've your ETH or BTC if you wish to look at Stellar or Ripple.

Comment

If I want to do this, how do I buy ETH without jumping through verification hoops?
                      Bittylicious.
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X