• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are people doing to store/secure their wallets when holding multiple coins?

Do the most popular hardware wallets cope with multiple coin types or do you need several ones at £30-80 a pop?

I intend holding some of the more reasonable coin offerings rather than trading day in day out, so want to set up some local/cold wallets or whatever is the best course of action rather than leaving them on the exchanges at their mercy.

What's the current best practice for doing so?
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
      What are people doing to store/secure their wallets when holding multiple coins?

Do the most popular hardware wallets cope with multiple coin types or do you need several ones at £30-80 a pop?

I intend holding some of the more reasonable coin offerings rather than trading day in day out, so want to set up some local/cold wallets or whatever is the best course of action rather than leaving them on the exchanges at their mercy.

Ledger Nano S caters for multiple types

Comment

BitConnectX ico 1st day - sold out in 3 hrs, $50 a coin, $13m taken.
        Continues 2morrow then every day until end Feb.
        USA buying currently banned due to SEC Texas action - VPNs via Canada alleged used by some USA buyers.

Looks like its a 'Bisq' esque decentralized exchange, no 1%/day 'rumoured Ponzi' lending mentioned this time.

"BitConnect X enables instant payments to anyone worldwide with lightning fast confirmation times."
        "Decentralized - Using blockchain technology, transactions are performed directly between users."
        "miners and stake holders to earn interest in the form of transaction fees or mining rewards."
        "Earn interest for helping maintain security on the network by holding BCCX in a Qt Desktop wallet that is attached to the network and allowing transactions to flow through it."
        "The Bitconnect X exchange will allow cryptocurrency enthusiasts a trading experience with the lowest transaction fees ever."

https://bitconnectx.co/

Comment

I haven't bothered with a hardware wallet yet as I don't have a huge amount stored (<£10k). Coins I'm holding longer term I have in wither Jaxx or Coinomi, wallets that support multiple coins. Coins I'm looking for a quick profit on I just keep on the exchange.

Jaxx and coinomi work in similar ways. You have a recovery phrase, which is something like 20 words. I have that in an encrypted text file. You could also write it down and store it securely offline.
          Last edited by FrontEnder; 10 January 2018, 11:27.

Comment

I just found out a friend of a friend working as a bartender has made £170k on cryptocurrencies in the past 6 months!

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
              BitConnectX ico 1st day - sold out in 3 hrs, $50 a coin, $13m taken.
              Continues 2morrow then every day until end Feb.
              USA buying currently banned due to SEC Texas action - VPNs via Canada alleged used by some USA buyers.

Looks like its a 'Bisq' esque decentralized exchange, no 1%/day 'rumoured Ponzi' lending mentioned this time.

"BitConnect X enables instant payments to anyone worldwide with lightning fast confirmation times."
              "Decentralized - Using blockchain technology, transactions are performed directly between users."
              "miners and stake holders to earn interest in the form of transaction fees or mining rewards."
              "Earn interest for helping maintain security on the network by holding BCCX in a Qt Desktop wallet that is attached to the network and allowing transactions to flow through it."
              "The Bitconnect X exchange will allow cryptocurrency enthusiasts a trading experience with the lowest transaction fees ever."

https://bitconnectx.co/
              **** anything to do with bitconnect. Pure Ponzi scheme being investigated by US authorities. I think they had a cease and desist order not long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                **** anything to do with bitconnect. Pure Ponzi scheme being investigated by US authorities. I think they had a cease and desist order not long ago.
                I'm no expert, but I'm too staying well clear of BitConnect.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonymustwearbriefs View Post
                  So your strategy is to continuously trade out of alt and into BTC when your alt to BTC exchange rate is good for alt. And over time you accrue bitcoin and lose alt. At the end of your trading you hope to have no alt and all BTC (otherwise your strategy makes no sense).

Behind your strat is the belief that bitcoin will accrue fiat value over your trading period.

Have I missed something?
                  Exactly. I can and have built up a number of Bitcoins just through alt-coin trading. And I don't care what the dollar price is doing because I know by the end of 2018 we'll be a new all time high. Importantly I don't trade that often, perhaps every other week.

When you start to think this way, i.e. ignore the dollar value, your focus is much more strategic.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Keep 1/2 a million on Bittrex. It's the only way to be sure.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Zen finally making a move.

Comment

Working...
                      X