• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
    Stuck at a major resistance now. 8300-8400 needs to be broken. apparently that is confirmation we are back in bullish territory rather than a temporary retrace of the bear run

far too short a timescale.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
      far too short a timescale.
      have to admit that thought had crossed my mind too. rate of climb is similar to rate of descent though. nicely formed Elliott waves as well
      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Paging the Crypto Genius (Scooter!) what are your thoughts on ETC? Is it going to go anywhere?
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Stuck at a major resistance now. 8300-8400 needs to be broken. apparently that is confirmation we are back in bullish territory rather than a temporary retrace of the bear run
          What timeframe is this on? This upmove looks like it has quite strong impulsive momentum which is nice, I see the next big line in the sand (on the daily chart) around 10k, but for the trend to be reversed a break of the highs around 11900 with a strong impulsive move would be needed.

I think the markets in general are more news driven at the moment however.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
            What timeframe is this on? This upmove looks like it has quite strong impulsive momentum which is nice, I see the next big line in the sand (on the daily chart) around 10k, but for the trend to be reversed a break of the highs around 11900 with a strong impulsive move would be needed.

I think the markets in general are more news driven at the moment however.
            This is what I had plotted this morning. The horizontals are where I see support/resistance on the fully zoomed out 30 minute chart

After this I read an article by marcpmarkets which suggested the 8400ish mark was the 0.618 retracement of the entire bull run that happened (he actually says full market size)
            This is what I drew it at and it does match (more or less)
            Last edited by VirtualMonkey; 7 February 2018, 14:17.
            Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

it's a bit difficult to draw EW on bittrex but this is what I see on the latest movements

Interestingly...one of the people i folow on youtube (Heijin Lee) has impulse 3 of the first upward movement in the place where I have 5 sohis count is different to mine. We'll see what happens there. I'd be tempted to believe him over me though

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                Paging the Crypto Genius (Scooter!) what are your thoughts on ETC? Is it going to go anywhere?
                Don't know about Genius

Holding over a 100k at the minute or there about. And for a good reason, the Callisto (CLO) Airdrop occurs sometime around March 5th. For every ETC token you hold you'll receive a CLO token. The purpose of this fork is to test an adaptation to the network, if successful it'll be implanted to the ETC network.

Part of reason why I invested in Tezos, the network can be changed through voting. With Ether you have to move a mountain to achieve the same result but not so with ETC.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

it's a bit difficult to draw EW on bittrex but this is what I see on the latest movements

Interestingly...one of the people i folow on youtube (Heijin Lee) has impulse 3 of the first upward movement in the place where I have 5 sohis count is different to mine. We'll see what happens there. I'd be tempted to believe him over me though
                  For my count i'd expect a retracement to 8000 or above now.
                  For Heijin's count i would think it would be 7800 or so

Comment

For my count i'd expect a retracement to 8000 or above now.
                    For Heijin's count i would think it would be 7800 or so
                    Your wave 4 overlaps into wave 1, It's quite hard to do EW on shorter time-frames and especially in volatile trends. Without the waves that does look like a successful H&S formation - but on a 30 min chart it's too short a time-frame for me. I prefer daily and 4h charts to plot support/resistance levels then see how the lower timeframes react to them.
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                      Your wave 4 overlaps into wave 1, It's quite hard to do EW on shorter time-frames and especially in volatile trends. Without the waves that does look like a successful H&S formation - but on a 30 min chart it's too short a time-frame for me. I prefer daily and 4h charts to plot support/resistance levels then see how the lower timeframes react to them.
                      true...not sure if you ignore wicks though...if you can then my wave count is (EDIT: potentially) good.
                      On the daily chart you can see a great support at 8400 as well
                      Last edited by VirtualMonkey; 7 February 2018, 14:35.

Comment

Working...
                      X