• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Is that the 'gold event' predicted earlier in this thread? If so, well done to those who saw it coming. Now remind us what we should be doing about it.

As for bitcoin, so tempting to put some more bags on the train. Just stood on the platform seeing if there's any sign of coach loads of institutional investors arriving, as that is what is likely required for the trip to the moon.

I'm no advisor, it costs around $5k to mine a BTC at the minute, which is crazy.

BTC is on sale at the minute, cheap as chips. So is DASH and ETH for that matter. BCC is also a bargain.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I'm no advisor, it costs around $5k to mine a BTC at the minute, which is crazy.

BTC is on sale at the minute, cheap as chips. So is DASH and ETH for that matter. BCC is also a bargain.
      In relation to my earlier posts, why is it cheap, because it's not $18K anymore? What are the fundamentals you think $7K is cheap?

Not trolling, just fishing for more debate in these wishy washy statements.

Comment

Almost all the current mainstream crypto "currencies" are tainted with cybercrime and money laundering. The big financial banks will never accept them or make it easy to move between the FIAT world and the crypto world.

So the only driver of price is asset speculation. Maybe the prices will spike again, that's the best you can hope for. Long term the current implementations have no future and no "value". When you can earn in BTC, pay your taxes in BTC and buy your groceries in BTC, then maybe they are worth $1mln each.

Comment

More rough waters ahead according to Cindicator...

The cryptocurrency Market Capitalization settled at USD 265B at 7 AM UTC on Friday, March 30. In your opinion, will the Market fall below 240B at any time before April 15?
          Probability: 75.73%

Comment

I don’t know about everyone else but I’m happy, on the temporary rise of ADA and a few other alts I sold at a very small profit and bought a bunch of Nano very close to bottom, that brought my overall average price of Nano much lower and after this evenings pump I cashed in near the top and bought back in at 0.014 Eth for more coins. Everything I see, from my limited but increasing chart knowledge, says Nano should rise and now the amount of coins I have it feels like I’m now able to begin making noticeable profit on each wave [emoji106]

Short summary: Chef is happy
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

"Your Fake Money's No Good Here" (c) MailChimp

https://gizmodo.com/mailchimp-to-cry...eys-1824209296

How long would it take for CUK to ban CryptoFraud threads?

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
                Latest 'lending Ponzi inspired get rich quick' crypto scheme .. 'proof of weak hands 3D' (PoWH3D), really taken off in last 3 days following strong shilling by infamous Bitconnect lads including Grant and James. Successor to the short lived but cracked 'proof of week hands' DApp which was itself based on Dr. Jochen Hoenicke's Ethereum 'PonziToken'
                https://test.jochen-hoenicke.de/eth/ponzitoken/
                PoWH3D is now the No.1 DApp on the Ethereum network, trouncing CryptoKitties et al with FOMO driven 'exponential' growth.

https://dappradar.com/

Some incredible gains by this 'greed token loved by ex Bitconnecters that does nothing other than divy up 10% of all buys and sells amongst current holders'

No human involvement at all in this DApp which will 'run forever'.
                Only way to stop it is fork Ethereum or hack the Dapp.
                Sell price change in last 2 weeks .. 0.004 ETH -> 0.013 ETH
                Be warned though .. selling (weak hands) could start heavy at any time
                Last edited by SunnyInHades; 1 April 2018, 12:22.

Comment

force network release their white paper at last

https://www.forcenetwork.io
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Bitcoin looking much less than a dead fish than it did yesterday. The blood-letting appears to have slowed significantly. The 82 coin de-listings from Bittrex on the 31st March would have drawn a line under things.

Here is a graphic: https://www.investfeed.com/posts/1647924

Comment

Go GRS!

Nice bit of coin accumulation to be had there. Just waiting for the next leg up before getting selling on a high, hopefully.

Comment

Working...
                      X