• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If BTC remained below $6.6k for any length of time it would no longer be profitable for mining. Certain interests will not allow that to happen.
    There has been a sharp drop in the price of bitcoin and other virtual currencies after South Korean cryptocurrency exchange Coinrail was hacked over the weekend.A tweet from Coinrail*confirming the cyber-attack sent the price of bitcoin tumbling 10% on Sunday to two-month lows.

The world’s best-known cryptocurrency*lost $500 (£372) in an hour, dropping to $6,627 on the Luxembourg exchange Bitstamp, while most other digital currencies also recorded large losses.
    From <https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jun/11/bitcoin-price-cryptocurrency-hacked-south-korea-coincheck>

Bittylicious will buy at £5k. My modest stash of LTC and ETH down about 17%. Not as secure as we thought?
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

My modest stash of LTC and ETH down about 17%.[/QUOTE]

ETH is a great pick but LTC? It doesn't really achieve anything and BCH IMO would be the better project to back.

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
        ETH is a great pick but LTC? It doesn't really achieve anything and BCH IMO would be the better project to back.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. However it'll probably still rally but a long term future? Not so sure about that.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          ETH is a great pick but LTC? It doesn't really achieve anything and BCH IMO would be the better project to back.
          Agreed. However it'll probably still rally but a long term future? Not so sure about that.[/QUOTE]

They'll all rally for sure - but LTC (IMO) is pretty much the weakest "big name" coin out there.

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
            Agreed. However it'll probably still rally but a long term future? Not so sure about that.
            They'll all rally for sure - but LTC (IMO) is pretty much the weakest "big name" coin out there.[/QUOTE]

And Ripple XRP - no intrinsic value that others are not already offering. The protocol will for sure and can be used by banks but there's no reason for the coin to have any value, let alone the value attached to it currently.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The main reason I am into Ripple is Santander are already using it in Europe for borderless transfers - It only takes one or two big names for something like that to blow up

Comment

True - but Santander don't need XRP to make it work. Only the Ripple protocol. When I understood this I cashed in my Ripple position. Even though PBC recommends it.

Comment

Question:
                  The cryptocurrency Bitcoin (BTC/USD) settled at 6773.4 USD at 04:30 AM UTC at the Bitfinex exchange on Monday, June 11. Will BTC/USD trade above 7214 USD (+6.5%) earlier than trading below 6333.13 USD (-6.5%) ? (forecast 51-100% - bull scenario. 0-49% - bear scenario)
                  Indicator: 16.34%

Bears continue feeding on the weak hands it seems. You can go short on BTC if you dare. Not worth the risk IMO.

Comment

Lambos sure starting to look expensive priced in Staoshis

Comment

Can only afford 1 maybe 2 at a push

Comment

Working...
                      X