• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chef View Post
    https://bravenewcoin.com/news/bye-by...nance-exposed/

Binance api hacked, SYScoin hacked, someone walks away with 7000BTC worth $45 million
    1 SYS bought on Binance for 96 BTC
    0.00004 BTC -> 96 BTC, 240million% gain - quite a pump for a day !

Comment

Has it actually been confirmed that funds were stolen?

Comment

Mining Rig Update

The hot weather caused a slight issue in my flat - it got effing hot! Procurement of a desk fan and an open window to create some active cooling appears to have resolved the issue, but increased my mining costs by a whole 13p per day!

Whew.

In other news, difficulty rate hasn't really gone up for ETH much - So the rigs are still chugging along at a combined 0.05 ETH every other day. To diversify my miner earnings, I've started to dabble with trading ETH for other tokens - still going for long term holds rather than short term pump and trades.

If we see a reasonable recovery over the next couple of days I think i'm going to take enough cash out for an additional 1070 and shove it in the mini miner - keeping an eye on the long game.

Comment

Question:
          The cryptocurrency Ripple (XRP/USD) settled at 0.48309 USD at 06:30 AM UTC at the Bitfinex exchange on Wednesday, July 4. Will XRP/USD trade above 0.52077 USD (+7.8%) earlier than trading below 0.44623 USD (-7.63%) ? (forecast 51-100% - bull scenario. 0-49% - bear scenario)
          Indicator: 80.47%

bull it is then
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Ah another hack story. I'm assuming no one here is keeping their tokens on the exchange? (cough)

Decentralised exchanges will be the only way to go forward. Centralised exchanges are just not up to the challenge of keeping peoples money safe. Ethos (ETHOS) is tipped to be a Coinbase killer. There's a few others, Bitshares, Loopring, but I think Ethos might win. 1000x if it does.

https://altcoinatlas.com/ten-altcoin...1000x-in-2018/

Today Ethos (ETHOS) be like up $2.86 USD (67.62%)

Glad I got in early in this one... the adoption rate is crazy.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Today Ethos (ETHOS) be like up $2.86 USD (67.62%)

Glad I got in early in this one... the adoption rate is crazy.
              Presumably because they released their wallet in Germany today, have you tried it?

Comment

Originally posted by deebeegee View Post
                Presumably because they released their wallet in Germany today, have you tried it?
                Don't have android. IOS version is coming soon we're told.

Anyhow it seems to be the Korean exchanges that are pushing up the value.

Comment

ETHOS just released in the USA. Perhaps that's the reason for the spike.

Coinbase, check your rearview mirror

Comment

Flash crash on SNTR this morning. Looks like fat fingers. One lucky buyer picked up 370m SNTR for 0.07 ETH. Price almost back to normal atm.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
                      The hot weather caused a slight issue in my flat - it got effing hot! Procurement of a desk fan and an open window to create some active cooling appears to have resolved the issue, but increased my mining costs by a whole 13p per day!

Whew.

In other news, difficulty rate hasn't really gone up for ETH much - So the rigs are still chugging along at a combined 0.05 ETH every other day. To diversify my miner earnings, I've started to dabble with trading ETH for other tokens - still going for long term holds rather than short term pump and trades.

If we see a reasonable recovery over the next couple of days I think i'm going to take enough cash out for an additional 1070 and shove it in the mini miner - keeping an eye on the long game.
                      It's funny because while I see crypto as in investment as a ridiculous speculative bubble, I'm curious about mining.

How do you account for equipment depreciation in your mining costs, or is it negligible?

Comment

Working...
                      X