• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Were you surprised when you saw 6k again BTW?
    Yes indeed. Could have sold a severn figure sum at the top, but rode it down to where it now is. Difficult to see but undeterred as I know what the future will bring I just don't know how fast or slow it'll be. Still think we'll see 3x on last December's high at least.

Even after everything it followed the classic structure.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Patience / holding is not easy through a bear market. Those that manage it will be rewarded. Many folks in the West will not be able to afford a single BTC next summer.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Lot's of signs an alt-run might be starting, me GRS & OMNI pumped 80% last night.

Comment

Yawn.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You can choose not to read this thread you know. Think of all the boredom you'll save yourself from.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Patience / holding is not easy through a bear market. Those that manage it will be rewarded. Many folks in the West will not be able to afford a single BTC next summer.

It is when you haven't bet more than you can afford to lose.

As long as you don't need cash to pay debt or general living expenses then you can hold for as long as it takes to either be proved right or get cleaned out.

Can't see bitcoin going to zero (unless mining dominance in China means a 51% attack occurs and the whole thing collapses ) but not so confident about the alts. I need to spend more time researching those mentioned further up this thread to see if there are any I truly believe will deliver and are not just a fancy website with some gobtulipes shilling it.

The problem I have with current crypto prices and predictions is that you can't look at the history of it and associated graphs in isolation. You need to also consider the current international issue of quantitative easing resulting in high asset prices through cheap credit and the apparent reversal of that (quantitative tightening via interest rate rises) being led by the USA, which has a knock on effect around the world. If that continues then it's likely all major asset prices will deflate as people are forced to cash them in to pay their debts, unless there's some sort of large scale debt forgiveness or they let the FIAT currencies crash and die to be replaced by FIAT 2.0 in the new digital currency world, maybe even using blockchain and bitcoin as inspiration for an alternative 'gold standard' currency.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Feck me - why all the grief for scooterscot? Whats he/she done to upset you lot?

Its a discussion on an internet forum FFS. You read or you don't, you believe what scooter says or you don'T. Its simple really.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  Feck me - why all the grief for scooterscot? Whats he/she done to upset you lot?

Its a discussion on an internet forum FFS. You read or you don't, you believe what scooter says or you don'T. Its simple really.
                  It’s

Not

Comment

No pause in the number of bitcoin ATMs being installed daily worldwide.
                    Not a flood (yet) but slowly & surely ticking up every day, whatever the BTC price.

https://coinatmradar.com/

Belfast 1
                    Birmingham, UK 14
                    Bradford 1
                    Brighton UK 3
                    Bristol 2
                    Cardiff 2
                    Chelmsford 3
                    Colchester 1
                    Coventry 1
                    Dartford 1
                    Derby 2
                    Edinburgh 2
                    Exeter 1
                    Glasgow 1
                    Harrow 2
                    Hebden Bridge 1
                    Hertfordshire 1
                    Kingsbridge 1
                    Kingston upon Hull 1
                    Leeds 2
                    Leicester 3
                    London, UK 111
                    Manchester (UK) 15
                    Nottingham 1
                    Penzance 2
                    Peterborough 1

Comment

Hey..there's one in my home town.
                      Wonder where it is
                      EDIT: not far from me
                      Last edited by VirtualMonkey; 15 August 2018, 18:05.
                      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X