• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminds me of the dot com stuff in many ways.

Shall I put all my money into boo.com, pets.com or clickmango.com?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      It's exactly like that. No question. We're in the mid 90's by dot-com terms. There's 1000's of project / cryptos out there that are utter tosh. More worryingly they are sitting on a pile of cash. There's no doubt they'll spike in value as the year goes on, everyone can win.

After the institutional investor pump the real question becomes, who are the facebook and google of crypto? These are the only projects I buy into. In some cases the project coins are not yet available to buy.

Something to remember... the dot-com bubble was only for wealthy middle class westerners, crypto is global. The crypto bubble will be much larger than the dot-com bubble.
      Last edited by scooterscot; 17 August 2018, 08:39.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Shall I put all my money into boo.com, pets.com or clickmango.com?

Spread it across if you're not sure
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Magnified to the moon.
          Unlike back in the day .com IPOs - I remember 'my grandad' receiving pages of printed gumph in the post with IPO application forms listing 'possible risks' etc - anyone and everyone with Internet access, which includes all readers of this forum, can launch a 'no product yet' ICO 'from their bedroom' after picking up the core web/ETH skills required and potentially rake in cash for nowt.
          No regulations, no rules.

Worthless product ICOs can present an immediate and lucrative 'pump 'n dump opportunity if they become exchange listed - buy at ICO, dump immediately when launched at the higher post ICO price on the exchange.

Comment

There's a number of ICOs finding themselves with more cash on the books than the current market capital. Those need to be watched. As the old saying goes, you make a little bit of money from something than makes sense and a lot of money from something that doesn't. (why does that make me think of Brexit supporting Tory MP's like Mogg).

I'll tell you something else. More people on here understand blockchain a lot better than some ICO startups. True.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
              Magnified to the moon.
              Unlike back in the day .com IPOs - I remember 'my grandad' receiving pages of printed gumph in the post with IPO application forms listing 'possible risks' etc - anyone and everyone with Internet access, which includes all readers of this forum, can launch a 'no product yet' ICO 'from their bedroom' after picking up the core web/ETH skills required and potentially rake in cash for nowt.
              No regulations, no rules.

Worthless product ICOs can present an immediate and lucrative 'pump 'n dump opportunity if they become exchange listed - buy at ICO, dump immediately when launched at the higher post ICO price on the exchange.
              Don't forget pump & dump post ICO using telegram chatrooms as well. Powers that be are working hard to curb this so this kind of thing is only available for sophisticated investors. These kind of opportunities are not meant for the great unwashed.
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Good news. BABB raised their equity the old fashioned way.

Equity crowdsale: 100% funded!

Exciting news: the BABB equity crowdsale is now 100% funded, meaning we have secured £1.5 million of funding to meet the minimum capital requirement for BABB’s banking license applications in the UK and Lithuania.

Comment

Right cindicator, you're on call this time... this service cost me $20k+

Question:
                  The cryptocurrency Litecoin (LTC/USD) settled at 55.738 USD at 04:30 PM UTC at the Bitfinex exchange on Thursday, August 16. Will LTC/USD trade above 61 USD (+9.5%) earlier than trading below 50.442 USD (-9.5%) ? (forecast 51-100% - bull scenario. 0-49% - bear scenario)
                  Indicator: 86.99%

Anything over 80% I've found they're bang on the majority of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Good news. BABB raised their equity the old fashioned way.

Equity crowdsale: 100% funded!
                    I don't buy ICOs any more, most of them - even the ones I like the look of - I only hoover up at half price or better once they hit a decentralised exchange and realism sets in. There's always someone looking to get rid. If I then think it's going nowhere I can dump, generally taking a small profit.

I've got rid of almost all my small post ICO stuff now and consolidated it into three long term bag hodlings; SNTR, OCN and BAX. Out of those three I think BAX is actually the weakest, you might disagree and you might be right. I've been buying dips of all three over the past month with £200ish ETH and just biding my time. If nothing happens, It's been a bit of fun.

My biggest loss has been PRL - I really thought it had potential but the POC is too slow. Down over 90% so not even worth me selling on. The website stuff they are working on might recover it somewhat but I've written it off for now.

p.s. I threw £100 at the BABB Crowdsale.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      It's exactly like that. No question. We're in the mid 90's by dot-com terms. There's 1000's of project / cryptos out there that are utter tosh. More worryingly they are sitting on a pile of cash. There's no doubt they'll spike in value as the year goes on, everyone can win.

After the institutional investor pump the real question becomes, who are the facebook and google of crypto? These are the only projects I buy into. In some cases the project coins are not yet available to buy.

Something to remember... the dot-com bubble was only for wealthy middle class westerners, crypto is global. The crypto bubble will be much larger than the dot-com bubble.
                      Even as someone interested in crypto, I think it's ridiculously retarded posts like this that rub people the wrong way.

"exactly like that, no question!" - who said this, you or Donald Trump?

"no doubt they'll spike, everyone can win!" - same question as above

It does smell a bit like financial advise that naive folk might listen to, given the fact all your statements are proposed as absolute truths.

Comment

Working...
                      X