• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
    Choice time..
    "Fortune favours the brave, come on McAfee dickline - let's be 'aving u. Blockchain and Bitcoin's gonna change the world!"
    or
    "It's a ponzi scam played by the deluded, idiots and fools, sell all your bitcoin, forget it."
    Depends if it's rallying or tanking. If it's tanking then it's "Haha tulipcoin bubble - you fools deserve to lose all your money". If it's rallying it's " Criminals! Fraudsters - your tax bill gonna be YUUGE! You'll all end up in jail!"

Must be exhausting...
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      Depends if it's rallying or tanking. If it's tanking then it's "Haha tulipcoin bubble - you fools deserve to lose all your money". If it's rallying it's " Criminals! Fraudsters - your tax bill gonna be YUUGE! You'll all end up in jail!"

Must be exhausting...
      Have you ever done an honest day of work in your life?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Not me Guv, contractor 'till I die.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          I did some SEO a few years back.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

https://www.quora.com/Are-the-shoesh...rashed-in-1929
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Goldman Sachs bull trap?

Cryptos plungs after apparent Goldman Sachs bull trap sprung.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/06/bitc...man-plans.html

The major recent news in the crypto space came from a Wednesday Business Insider report, which cited people familiar with the issue saying Goldman continues to see uncertainty in the regulatory landscape for cryptocurrencies. In October of 2017, the Wall Street behemoth had said it was looking into the possibility of launching a new trading operation focused on bitcoin and other digital currencies.

The report also cited executives as concluding that more steps, many of which are beyond the company's control, need to be taken before a regulated financial institution would be allowed to trade cryptocurrencies.
              So they didn't anticipate such an outcome when originally announcing they were looking into launching a crypto trading desk? Oh well, market manipulation is what they do.

"Buy the rumour sell the news".

Another buying opportunity for getting bitcoin close to this year's lowest price, and maybe lower if the sell off by weak hands continues.

Meanwhile the tulipcoins are slaughtered. Bitcoin remains the king.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
                for the past week an unknown buyer has been buying bitcoin at $6350 on Bitfinex using the hidden order book. The position is now $250m USD and growing.
                What's the position look like now? Closed after selling just prior to the Goldman Sachs announcement?

If still open then maybe it is still GS's but they're doing a double bluff to buy up more BTC at a relatively cheap price, just before announcing that they're going ahead with their plans after all.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Absolute carnage today. I wouldn't be surprised if this bear trend continues all year, It did at the previous big crash (2014 I think) when it first went above $1000 and eventually went somewhere near $100.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                    Absolute carnage today. I wouldn't be surprised if this bear trend continues all year, It did at the previous big crash (2014 I think) when it first went above $1000 and eventually went somewhere near $100.
                    Hope so. "Buy when there's blood on the streets".

You can tell it's a good time to consider buying when it's on here and across the crypto talk space in general. All the FOMs are sitting back laughing at the plight of the hodlers, then when BTC inevitably gets pumped to the moon again they'll be the ones trying to panic buy at record highs, again.

Personally I'll continue to drip £ into BTC at these 2018 low points knowing that even if it does drop significantly lower I have spare reserves to risk even more.

My FOM is not getting enough bags on the train before the next trip to the moon, but I'm not going to risk more than I'm willing to lose on such a moon shot.

I know others use these opportunities to leverage up on BTC via trading in alts that should bounce back even higher after the slaughter ends, but that's too risky for me. I just can't see past the tulipcoins lack of fundamentals to the short term trading opportunity where all you look at is the pump and dump.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                      Bitcoin remains the king.

Comment

Working...
                      X