• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John McAfee interview last week on the 2018 'Blockchain Cruise' "Bitcoin .. by the end of 2020 it'll be a million dollars .. I believe that very strongly, I think that it's impossible for it to be anything less than that". McAfee Dickline bet still on.

Comment

McAfee is wanted for murder in Belize, notorious drug user and frankly just a crackpot - his only mildly redeeming attribute is making that video about how to remove McAfee tulipy anti virus

Comment

The only thing falling faster than Crypto prices is this thread on CUK.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          The only thing falling faster than Crypto prices is this thread on CUK.

You pump we dump.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Actually a relatively stable period for crypto, bitcoin in particular. It's still bear season and How low it goes is anyones guess, but I think now is a "safe" period to start accumulating.

The last big crypto crash (2014) led to a year long bear trend, so I'm expecting the same, unless there's some major news to change things.

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BT...-2014-vs-2018/

I keep going back to this video, while not an in depth technical analysis, so far the cycle has been absolutely spot on. We're potentially entering the "accumulation phase", which is when you should be buying for long term.

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
            This guy always seems to talk a lot of sense:

https://chrisdunn.com/5-major-crypto...market-cycles/

We're entering his phase 5 here - there will be a lot of volatility where I don't think analysis and resistance levels make a lot of sense as it'll be highly unpredictable. I think it'll bounce around somewhere between 6 and 10k before it settles down, unless it drops further.

Comment

Agree with that, the whole market seems to be going through an accumulation period.

There is an opinion we're going to follow the trend in 2014. I'm on the fence with that one. Yes 'Bitcoin' may follow that pattern. However, I'm suspecting a number of alt-coins will now take a prominent position in the market.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Agree with that, the whole market seems to be going through an accumulation period.

There is an opinion we're going to follow the trend in 2014. I'm on the fence with that one. Yes 'Bitcoin' may follow that pattern. However, I'm suspecting a number of alt-coins will now take a prominent position in the market.
                It might not follow 2014 exactly, the timings and specifics will of course be different, but as the video says, the market is driven by humans and human behaviour. The bull run was fuelled by greater awareness by the general public and lots of new money coming in.

This bear cycle is caused by lower confidence in the market and those retail investors selling and cutting their losses. This will taper out over a period of months, then we see the trend start to level and reverse because smart investors see the opportunity to accumulate, and so the cycle repeats.

Comment

Seems like Bellend Bannon wants on the gravy train.

https://www.coindesk.com/ex-trump-ad...ryptocurrency/

An ICO to milk the deplorables
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Money-laundering hack and Japanese law could threaten a wipeout of Bitcoin
                    Regulating bitcoin is like trying to herd cats. As for money laundering, use the banks, they have a far better track record.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Regulating bitcoin is like trying to herd cats. As for money laundering, use the banks, they have a far better track record.
                      The point is to avoid being caught in money laundering or handling proceeds of crime (like buying stolen property)

With banks it’s much safer to avoid, with tulipcoins - not

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...mmittee-report

“The committee said in a report that consumers were left unprotected from an unregulated industry that aided money laundering, while the government and regulators “bumble along” and fail to take action.

The Conservative MP Nicky Morgan, the chair of the committee, said the current situation was unsustainable.

“Bitcoin and other crypto-assets exist in the wild west industry of crypto-assets. This unregulated industry leaves investors facing numerous risks,” Morgan said. “Given the high price volatility, the hacking vulnerability of exchanges and the potential role in money laundering, the Treasury committee strongly believes that regulation should be introduced.”

Comment

Working...
                      X