• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    No two factor authentication with Google Authenticator?
    Nah. Its gone aint it? :-(
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      WARNING: Don't leave any on an exchange!!!

Just logged into my bittrex account and on 31/10 looks like someone sold all my cryptos, converted to BTC and withdrew. Fortunately, most of my stuff is held on a ledger nano but it was still about $500 worth. Thank **** I bought that ledger nano!

Not quite sure how I got hacked because every time I log in it emails me and asks me to authorize the IP. Anyway, logged a support call with bittrex but likely its all gone.

Seriously? But how? Did you have 2FA activated?

Who else in your family knows you have this account?!
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Read the post above yours.....
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Who else in your family knows you have this account?!
          Stupidly, no 2FA....

Looking at bittrex logs it was logged into by someone in Germany. Don't know how. And like I said didnt get the emails.

I can see my bitcoin still sitting there in the blockchain as well.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            That's the future of the money, enjoy!

Got to be fair things like this are going to put people off. Get someone scamming or stealing your credit card, phone CC company and, apart from a bit of hassle, you're not out of pocket.

Get your Bitcoin nicked and its gone and you've lost it.

Comment

Stupidly, no 2FA....

Looking at bittrex logs it was logged into by someone in Germany. Don't know how. And like I said didnt get the emails.

I can see my bitcoin still sitting there in the blockchain as well.
              I'm looking at you scooter

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                I'm looking at you scooter
                **** yeh :-)

Pointing to company called Novoserve in a place called Hessen, near Frankfurt. Looks like they do virtual servers etc.

Comment

It wasnae me gov honest!

Hessen, not much going up there expect for cold sea air, seagulls, & disgusting Fischbrötchen - yuk!
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

**** yeh :-)

Pointing to company called Novoserve in a place called Hessen, near Frankfurt. Looks like they do virtual servers etc.
                    You've got to open a ticket and file an FBI report apparently...

Tips to keep your Bittrex account more secure – Bittrex Support
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

A lot of people seem really bullish on XRP at the minute, I'm not so sure. Found something very interesting on the 3-day chart. Have a look at the last two pumps on XRP in Satoshi terms. They were followed by a double bottom on the stochastic chart coupled with weak RSI, I've circled both. The 1-day it is not so clear, the 1 week chart just does not give the resolution but the 3-day and I was like wozzers....

If the pattern repeats it would be a easy way to super size your Satoshi value in a short space of time. I'm printing this one out and hanging it on the wall.

Okay XRP what are you doing - you're are not supposed to be doing anything at the minute... Looks like it'll now rise to its last support level which is around 93 sats. Nonetheless it is a signal the bears are weakening for XRP.

Golden cross emerges.

Comment

Working...
                      X