• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    More and more it seems the 50 day moving average is about to cross down over the 200 day MA. A sell off to > $4.8k by the 15th is increasingly likely. I'm not going short myself, just too risky. However a great buying opportunity may be about to appear as BTC has never broken the long term trend line in its history (bottom blue line). We're likely to see an alt rally begin on or after this event.

"Death cross incoming" by trader without_worries — published November 10, 2018 — TradingView

Me and my lines...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

IMF's Lagarde says central banks could issue digital money

Hey Atwat, look what they're trying to do with your money. If only there was a decentralised monetary system whereby private entities could not manipulate your wealth.

International Monetary Fund head Christine Lagarde said central banks around the world should consider issuing digital currency.

Speaking in Singapore, Ms Lagarde said this could make digital currency transactions safer.

Non-cash payments have increased over the years, raising challenges for governments and central banks.

Regulators have voiced concerns with digital currencies and called for greater oversight.

"I believe we should consider the possibility to issue digital currency," Ms Lagarde said in a speech at a conference in Singapore. "There may be a role for the state to supply money to the digital economy."

"The advantage is clear. Your payment would be immediate, safe, cheap and potentially semi-anonymous... And central banks would retain a sure footing in payments."

Ms Lagarde said central banks in Canada, China, Sweden and Uruguay were all "seriously considering" digital currency proposals.

A virtual currency issued by a central bank would be a liability of the state - as cash is - not of a private firm.

This would help consumers by making transactions safer and more common, and as a result cheaper.

"The more people you serve, the cheaper and more useful the service," Ms Lagarde said. "Private firms may under-invest in security to the extent they do not measure the full cost to society of a payment failure."
      source: IMF's Lagarde says central banks could issue digital money - BBC News
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Digital money, OMFG, is it like digital numbers in your online bank account?

Comment

MainTulipCoin DOOM:

Bitcoin plummets under $6,000 to a low of the year after months of stability

Fair warning: don't walk under windows of tulipcoin traders

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            MainTulipCoin DOOM:

Bitcoin plummets under $6,000 to a low of the year after months of stability

Fair warning: don't walk under windows of tulipcoin traders
            Oh tulip..you're right.
            Let's hope the S&P500 didn't drop by nearly 15% recently...or the FTSE by nearly 15%...oh wait...
            Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Hey Atwat, look what they're trying to do with your money. If only there was a decentralised monetary system whereby private entities could not manipulate your wealth.

source: IMF's Lagarde says central banks could issue digital money - BBC News

"The advantage is clear. Your payment would be immediate, safe, cheap and potentially semi-anonymous... And central banks would retain a sure footing in payments."
              Hmm, isn't an attribute of cash is that the transaction is totally anonymous, or rather unrecorded\untraceable? Also a cash transaction between the two parties involved is free not just cheap.

Although I have wondered, having watched this space for a few years, why banks don't come up with a solution to properly replace cash, and I don't mean by implementing contactless debit card payments.

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
                Although I have wondered, having watched this space for a few years, why banks don't come up with a solution to properly replace cash, and I don't mean by implementing contactless debit card payments.
                Probably because unless they can operate fractional reserve banking they wouldn't be able to pay themselves huge bonuses. The profits would purely be from interest charged and paid as in the old days before digitisation.

The debt, private, corporate, and national means normal interest rates can't be charged so the profit would be too small to appeal while they can use the current system.

At some point something will happen to replace the current system. Some are betting on it being one form of crypto or another. Others that it will be a return to a gold backed currency.

I don't think the actual mechanism of pay matters as long as people can afford a certain standard of living for a certain number of hours spent working. So as long as food and shelter are within affordable reach of a typical wage (whatever that is paid in) then it will continue as 'normal'.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Just got an email from BABB thanking me for continued support and advising of the airdrop they just placed in my account. worth checking if you bought the initial sale and havent seen the mail for any reason
                  Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                    Just got an email from BABB thanking me for continued support and advising of the airdrop they just placed in my account. worth checking if you bought the initial sale and havent seen the mail for any reason
                    AirDrop is like what pigeons do?

Tulipe from above...

Comment

TulipCoin DOOM:

Comment

Working...
                      X