• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
    I've heard of people doing this in places like Canada. Not sure its worth it in the UK though, my heating is usually off for about half the year. If you have a summer like last year (or even a normal hot spell) you might even need to add cooling.
    I would only have it running during the winter.

Looking at the numbers though, it's not worth bothering.

A Look at Some of the 'Next Generation' Bitcoin Mining Rigs Available Today - Bitcoin News

Current best rig: Ebang Ebit E11++
    Purchase price: $2,024
    Electricity consumption: 2kw

Mines a paltry $1.12 per day

Comment

"Up to 95% of all reported trading in bitcoin is artificially created by unregulated exchanges, according to a new study [PDF], raising fresh doubts about the nascent market following a steep decline in prices over the past year. From a report:"

https://www.sec.gov/comments/sr-nyse...833-183434.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
        I would only have it running during the winter.

Looking at the numbers though, it's not worth bothering.

A Look at Some of the 'Next Generation' Bitcoin Mining Rigs Available Today - Bitcoin News

Current best rig: Ebang Ebit E11++
        Purchase price: $2,024
        Electricity consumption: 2kw

Mines a paltry $1.12 per day
        Yes, but with that return, think how quickly you will be driving that new shiny Lambo!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Yes, but with that return, think how quickly you will be driving that new shiny Lambo!
          About 3 secs to 60?

Comment

Ummm....
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Live scenes from Bitcoin HQ

Last edited by scooterscot; 2 April 2019, 08:02.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Live scenes from Bitcoin HQ

Pump, suckers in, dump. Rinse and repeat.

Comment

Bitcoin mining ban considered by China's economic planner - BBC News

Comment

Oh please please - missed out filling my bags on that last pump. Somewhere back to $3k would be nice.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The annual "China bans bitcoin" stories are early.

Comment

Working...
                      X