• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    And what if it hits $300?

I'd buy so many you wouldn't believe. Be similar in price to my first BTC purchases

The bottom is almost in and the golden cross upon us.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Not long to wait now.

Bitcoin price may have to wait 22 years for a recovery to all-time highs - Business Insider

Comment

ohhh negative press! We must be getting closer indeed
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

With something as insanely volatile as BTC, buying and holding a large sum is only for risk junkies.

However, the strategy of trend following may help catch the meat of bull markets, and avoid the worst of bear markets.

A simple indicator like this is probably as good as anything.

Bull market: rising 200-dma
          Bear market: falling 200-dma

Bitcoincharts | Charts

Because of its tendency to go parabolic, and then violently crash, it's probably wise to periodically take profits off the table during a bull market.

Comment

Or if you want to keep it really really simple, just follow the golden cross. Since the dawn of time no matter the market you can time buy and sell from bull to bear market with accuracy (this is what I did myself on the end of the last bull run). Traders have been doing it since the stone age. Although you'd have tapped out at $10k at the last run when it went to $20k but you'd have entered around $250. That's still a 3500% in what 24/30 months?

And we're about to trigger our first golden cross of the next bull run (The blue line crossing the red one). Don't underestimate this, this transfer of wealth will not occur again for a couple of generations.

Comment

Man. Why can't you shut the **** up. You went nice and quiet when the arse was falling out and now there is a push upwards you are yapping like an excited little dog.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

the blue line is crossing the red line boys strap yourselves in

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Or if you want to keep it really really simple, just follow the golden cross. Since the dawn of time no matter the market you can time buy and sell from bull to bear market with accuracy (this is what I did myself on the end of the last bull run). Traders have been doing it since the stone age. Although you'd have tapped out at $10k at the last run when it went to $20k but you'd have entered around $250. That's still a 3500% in what 24/30 months?

And we're about to trigger our first golden cross of the next bull run (The blue line crossing the red one). Don't underestimate this, this transfer of wealth will not occur again for a couple of generations.
                  There's probably not a huge difference, in terms of timing, between golden cross and rising/falling 200-dma.

Both are good for entry but not so accurate for exit. Where you get a parabolic move at the end of a bull run, especially in something as nuts as BTC, it's notoriously difficult to exit near the top.

Comment

For sure, that's why we don't try to time the markets. You'll always lose money. Much better to dollar cost average in and out. Far safer.

Comment

Since the dawn of time no matter the market you can time buy and sell from bull to bear market with accuracy (this is what I did myself on the end of the last bull run).
                      For sure, that's why we don't try to time the markets. You'll always lose money.
                      Which is it?

Comment

Working...
                      X