• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    Which is it?
    You are assuming there Pooper is a logical, reasoning human being, rather than a weird moronic idiot.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
      Which is it?
      I'm talking about the occurrence of a pattern, not the time on a clock.

Thick level = weapons grade.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Timing the market is using some measure (fundamentals, TA) to enter and exit.

With BTC there really aren't any fundamentals (valuation), so TA is all you've got.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          I'm talking about the occurrence of a pattern, not the time on a clock.

Thick level = weapons grade.
          So, you don't know what shorting is and you don't know what timing the market is either.

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
            Timing the market is using some measure (fundamentals, TA) to enter and exit..
            Politely disagree.

Timing for me is when someone goes 'all in' when the believe the market bottom is in and vice versa at the top. Timing is what people do based on emotion.

Where as I dollar cost average in based on some TA. I never ever try and time a market, just not interested in that risk. Strategy is everything, timing is gambling.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Where as I dollar cost average in based on some TA.
              By most definitions, that would be market timing. The only difference is you're not going "all in" or "all out" based on your TA signals.

Comment

What is the red line on that graph and is it calculated or drawn more arbitrary?
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                  What is the red line on that graph and is it calculated or drawn more arbitrary?
                  It is where Scooter was testing his new red crayon (whilst poking out his tongue with the concentration effort)

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
                    By most definitions, that would be market timing. The only difference is you're not going "all in" or "all out" based on your TA signals.
                    Only his wrong definition matters. Ask him to define shorting.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      It is where Scooter was testing his new red crayon (whilst poking out his tongue with the concentration effort)
                      That’s harsh

Poor crayon did not deserve that

Comment

Working...
                      X