• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think about it. Who here has used a telephone number in the last week? I'm struggling to think the last time I punched a telephone number into a keypad in the last two weeks.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Think about it. Who here has used a telephone number in the last week? I'm struggling to think the last time I punched a telephone number into a keypad in the last two weeks.
      I do regularly. Your mom's!!!
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I do regularly. Your mom's!!!
        "Northern" lad using "mom"... piss off back to Birmingham.

Comment

Oh dear - Gartner Survey: 90% of blockchain-based supply chain projects are in trouble | Modern Consensus | Cryptocurrency and blockchain news and opinions

As soon as VC crazy money dry up this blockchain tulipware will be gone

Comment

News for you 99% of blockchains you see on coinmarketcap will not exist in the next 1-2 years. A huge number of them are just a money grab scams. There's no doubt.

BUT the remaining 1% are like buying Microsoft & Apple shares in the mid 80's.

Now what are the 1%? I'm quite sure I've got exposure.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              News for you 99% of blockchains you see on coinmarketcap will not exist in the next 1-2 years. A huge number of them are just a money grab scams. There's no doubt.

BUT the remaining 1% are like buying Microsoft & Apple shares in the mid 80's.

Now what are the 1%? I'm quite sure I've got exposure.
              I'm not sure they will die properly in that timescale. I don't thinks a decentralised system will die completely. Usage might drop off completely and they fade into obscurity, but some of the oldest decentralised networks (e.g. usenet) are still going.

Comment

It takes energy to keep a blockchain up and running. If no one is using it, even for speculation, it'll be erased quicker than an AMD shareholder's life savings.

Comment

Billions episode last night had a storyline around blockchain based mobile voting, with political shenanigans around whether New York State would allow it or not.

The show may be pure fiction but someone is going to come up with these types of technical solutions and clean up.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                    Billions episode last night had a storyline around blockchain based mobile voting, with political shenanigans around whether New York State would allow it or not.

The show may be pure fiction but someone is going to come up with these types of technical solutions and clean up.
                    Got bugger all to do with losing money on scamcoins though?

It's a bit like saying gold will be super valuable in the future because we are using more aluminium, because they are both based on metaliic elements.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      It's a bit like saying DimPrawn's brain will be super valuable in the future because he's using more Juice,...
                      FTFY

Scooty says, short dat

Comment

Working...
                      X