• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Got bugger all to do with losing money on scamcoins though?

It's a bit like saying gold will be super valuable in the future because we are using more aluminium, because they are both based on metaliic elements.
    Gold got intrinsic value - it’s shiny, them “coons” - tulip

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Gold got intrinsic value - it’s shiny, them “coons” - tulip
      Your car is shiny. Well it was until you drove it into a wall while thinking of a sexy squirrel.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Your car is shiny. Well it was until you drove it into a wall while thinking of a sexy squirrel.

Phwooaarrr!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Got bugger all to do with losing money on scamcoins though?
          It is relevant. The hype around blockchain and its public association with bitcoin means more people will fall for scamcoins thinking they're all the same.

Also, the use of 'blockchain' in any promotional material points to opportunists milking those suckered into believing it will solve all sorts of problems. I mentally auto-replace 'blockchain' with 'snake oil' whenever I see it being mentioned as some sort of sales pitch.

There will be very few product/solutions/services that genuinely require blockchain to become a game changer. Got to keep eyes peeled for them though, they may be the next super corp in 10/20 years time.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Oh dear: Alleged Multibillion-Dollar Pyramid Scheme OneCoin Sued by Former Investor - CoinDesk

More fraud in tulipcoin "market"?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Just gone short on Bitcoin. If it fails the pension is up in smoke.

Buy back in around $4k.
              how's that short working out for you?
              It's over $6k today.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Short started at $5.9k - very happy.

Never never try to time the markets. If you do that's emotion.

Everyone is and their granny is bullish. The euphoria is reaching fever pitch. That's when I knew to sell.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Don't really have a position in XRP. Maybe 1% at most. The technicals however are looking mega strong for increasing ones Satoshi number.

Is history is anything to go by, in 12 days time you're going to see some serious sheet.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Short started at $5.9k - very happy.

Never never try to time the markets. If you do that's emotion.

Everyone is and their granny is bullish. The euphoria is reaching fever pitch. That's when I knew to sell.
                    Isn't that what you're doing though?

Current price is $6.3k. How do you know it won't go to $7k, $8k, $10k?

How can you be certain that you'll be able to get back in at a lower price than $5.9k?

I learned the hard way that it's very difficult to beat buy & hold.
                    Last edited by stonehenge; 10 May 2019, 11:28.

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
                      Isn't that what you're doing though?
                      No. If I were timing the market I'd be still holding hoping for further gains. The markets are a means for transferring wealth from the impatient to the patient, I'm being patient. Yes it's difficult. But you never know *when* the turning point will be. Some folks are convinced they do, that's timing. What I'm doing is staying emotionless and taking profits when opportunities present themselves.

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
                      Current price is $6.3k. How do you know it won't go to $7k, $8k, $10k?.
                      It will go fast these values, this year. Just no right now. $6400 is major resistance. I had no idea when it would reach this. It has occurred sooner than I expected.

It will go back south to $4.2k. Everyone will be screaming manipulation, its' a fraud, whilst I'll be filling orders.

Comment

Working...
                      X