• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    At the golden ratio, whenever that time is, nobody knows.
    You'll claim you do a few times before it does happen I'm sure.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

My portfolio's gone Radio Rental - £ value way up, BTC value decreasing... Is this because alts aren't pumping at the same rate as BTC?
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

yes
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Bitcoin price surges $1,000 in just a few hours as incredible recovery continues | The Independent

Comment

Market capital approaching strong resistance levels. Last time it hit this level it got blasted down to $110b. Be careful.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

If/when you get a chance to get back in, it's worth considering buy & hold. It's a lot less stressful than trying to second guess market moves, and it's a strategy that is very hard to beat.

Another option is volatility harvesting. Start with 50% cash and 50% BTC, and rebalance whenever the ratio gets out of whack. This guarantees that you will always be doing a bit of buying low and a bit of selling high.

Should work quite well with BTC because it's as volatile as hell.

Volatility Harvesting and the Importance Of Rebalancing - GestaltU
              Last edited by stonehenge; 14 May 2019, 14:48.

Comment

A friend wanted a taste of all this action I was seeing in 2017. He is livid at the minute. Delays and delays buying in and finally gets int around $3.5k (great buy) and sells at $4.2k and now is now fuming.

Mark my words, 95% of people will not make money from crypto investment because they cannot hold for toffee. As Buffet once said, the Stock market is a means of transferring wealth from the impatient to the patient, crypto is no different.

Comment

A friend wanted a taste of all this action I was seeing in 2017. He is livid at the minute. Delays and delays buying in and finally gets int around $3.5k (great buy) and sells at $4.2k and now is now fuming.

Mark my words, 95% of people will not make money from crypto investment because they cannot hold for toffee. As Buffet once said, the Stock market is a means of transferring wealth from the impatient to the patient, crypto is no different.
                  I've been holding for over a year. Problem I have now is paying attention to which alts will make it and which won't and all the P&D stuff if we start seeing that again.
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Am leaning towards a strategy where a chunk of me cash is only in 10 alts. So those are the ones I watch the most, less stressful. And the rest speculative I don't even bother watching, will look them up in a few years.

Comment

Yet you attempt to time the market. Bizarre.

Comment

Working...
                      X