• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many a broken record carries a better tune than you.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Many a broken record carries a better tune than you.
      Ditto on your Buffett quotes that are quickly contradicted in the space of a day.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
        Ditto on your Buffett quotes that are quickly contradicted in the space of a day.
        If he regurgitates the lingo offen enough, he's bound to believe his own crap!
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Am leaning towards a strategy where a chunk of me cash is only in 10 alts. So those are the ones I watch the most, less stressful. And the rest speculative I don't even bother watching, will look them up in a few years.
          Hey Scooter, would you mind sharing the name of the alts you have?

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

My top alts I hold the most in. They are also the same ones I'd bet good money (actually do!) will be around in 5+ years.

ETH
            CVC
            WAX
            GRIN
            Beam
            ZRX
            MLN
            TEZOS
            CND
            FCT
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              My portfolio's gone Radio Rental - £ value way up, BTC value decreasing... Is this because alts aren't pumping at the same rate as BTC?
              They are now
              Decision made for the short to mid term...unless I see an obvious pump wick then I'm not trading at all.
              Such a hard decision to make because I love the thrill of trading. My biggest regret from the duration of the last upturn was that if I hadn't traded I would have had far more than I did at the end. Admittedly...I knew far less then than I do now but never-the-less.

Done a lot of cost averaging over the last month or two so hopefully there will be some rewards going forwards
              Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                My biggest regret from the duration of the last upturn was that if I hadn't traded I would have had far more than I did at the end.
                That's usually the case. It's very difficult to beat hodling.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                  They are now
                  Decision made for the short to mid term...unless I see an obvious pump wick then I'm not trading at all.
                  Such a hard decision to make because I love the thrill of trading. My biggest regret from the duration of the last upturn was that if I hadn't traded I would have had far more than I did at the end. Admittedly...I knew far less then than I do now but never-the-less.

Done a lot of cost averaging over the last month or two so hopefully there will be some rewards going forwards
                  Also now we know the tax treatment is the £ gain per trade - even alts to BTC. I do have afew potential $h|tcoins though that could do with going in favor of some more solid ones. Currently holding:

BTC
                  ETH
                  XRP
                  XLM
                  EOS
                  BAT
                  LTC
                  LOC
                  BCH
                  VIB
                  XMR
                  DASH
                  ZEC
                  DRGN
                  ZEN
                  NEO
                  ARK
                  BAX
                  ETC
                  STRAT
                  STEEM
                  XVG
                  SNT
                  SC
                  OMG
                  VTC
                  BOS
                  MUSIC
                  LPT
                  ETP
                  TRX
                  ADA
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

SC is likely to get pumped very soon - make sure you take the profits off the table, something I did not do in 2017 to my regret. Every time the weekly candle has closed on the 20 week moving average we've had fireworks in the the following weeks.

You could also consider holding less coins or just monitor those with the most value like I do. You'll stand a better chance of making more money this way.

Always do your own due diligence of course.

Last edited by scooterscot; 15 May 2019, 18:34.

Comment

I thought you never gave financial advice?
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X