• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Capital outflows from China, that's why.

1 ton of gold is 63 mln USD at current prices, total amount of Gold in Chinese CB is 1864 tons, so that's total value of 117 bln USD.

( Source: China On Gold-Buying Spree? PBOC Adds 11.8 Tonnes To Reserves In January | Kitco News )

China holds around 1 trln USD in US treasuries - there is not enough gold in the world to turn that "fiat" into gold, and most importantly - investors who pull money from China don't ask for gold, they ask for USD.

So in conclusion - pooper you are a Mor On.
    The USD is not tied to gold. Hth but I seriously doubt it.

Now, stop this tulipe, find yourself a woman and live as unhappily as the rest of us!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      The USD is not tied to gold.
      Where did I say that it was tied? I’v just made easy calculations that demonstrate that there is no alternative to those holding trillions level reserves but to use USD (50% balance with EUR is ok though)

Comment

I'm buying another property at the moment, and for money laundering purposes, my solicitor has sent me a questionnaire about the source of funds.

Interesting bit here:

Lottery/gambling winnings

Please provide copy of the receipt proving your winnings and a copy of your bank statement showing the payment in. Please note however that if you are taking out a mortgage lenders will not accept deposits from gambling winnings.

Other

If your purchase monies have been generated through other means, please contact us immediately to discuss this further and so that we can advise on what documentary proof we will require. Please note however that it is this firm’s policy that we will NOT accept the sale proceeds of Bitcoins or other forms of cryptocurrency.
        They make it sound like crypto is dodgy or summink

I need a new brief...you ain't seen me right?

Comment

You need a mortgage?

Just sell some of yer gold!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            You need a mortgage?

Just sell some of yer gold!
            No mortgage, where does it say mortgage? I'm sending over the complete amount. I wanted to drop a big holdall full of £50 but they won't take that either...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              No mortgage, where does it say mortgage? I'm sending over the complete amount. I wanted to drop a big holdall full of £50 but they won't take that either...
              Have you tried zipping yerself inside it?

Comment

"Please note however that it is this firm’s policy that we will NOT accept the sale proceeds of Bitcoins or other forms of cryptocurrency."

What the hell? It is your money but someone it's dirty.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  "Please note however that it is this firm’s policy that we will NOT accept the sale proceeds of Bitcoins or other forms of cryptocurrency."

It’s your money only if you got it cleanly, which in case of cryptotulips is not the worth the risk trying to establish

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

How do they know where you got the money from though? And why should they care?
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      How do they know where you got the money from though? And why should they care?
                      They are complying with money laundering regulations. 14 year jail term for failing to comply.

Comment

Working...
                      X