• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Good grief is BTC aiming for $12k?? We've not yet tested the $6k support level.

The is what extreme greed looks like people.
    There's a count that supports it

closer in

not quite 12k+ but certainly 10k+. Part of it comes from TradeDevils (Youtube)...that's the expanded flat for the 4. I really cant decide if this is a correct count or not...it lokos like it might not be finished
    EDIT: I owuld have kind of expected a blow off top after a run like this but it just hasnt happened...maybe its yet to come
    Last edited by VirtualMonkey; 18 June 2019, 12:23.
    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

"At a convention on digital currency, rarely does an audience Q&A session include a question as incendiary as, “Why is this fraud allowed to speak at this conference?” But that’s how a discussion about Bitcoin ended up last year in Seoul.

The supposed fraud is Craig Wright, an Australian-born technologist who gained notoriety three years ago when he declared himself the inventor of Bitcoin. The provocateur is Vitalik Buterin, a baby-faced Russian-Canadian programmer who helped create another popular digital currency called Ether. No one disputes Buterin’s role in Ether; many reject Wright’s claim to be Satoshi Nakamoto, the mysterious genius behind Bitcoin."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...uld-shed-light

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
        There's a count that supports it

closer in

not quite 12k+ but certainly 10k+. Part of it comes from TradeDevils (Youtube)...that's the expanded flat for the 4. I really cant decide if this is a correct count or not...it lokos like it might not be finished
        EDIT: I owuld have kind of expected a blow off top after a run like this but it just hasnt happened...maybe its yet to come
        You need more lines. More lines means more information. More information mean more profits.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          You need more lines. More lines means more information. More information mean more profits.

I fear you will struggle to convince these cretins, prawny.

Comment

Scoots are you out of BTC/ALTs for now?

I'd all but forgotten about crypto but just now saw the BTC, laughed, and took a short position.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
              Scoots are you out of BTC/ALTs for now?

I'd all but forgotten about crypto but just now saw the BTC, laughed, and took a short position.
              You're actually shorting BTC? On what platform?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                You're actually shorting BTC? On what platform?
                Shorting the derivative price to be precise.

Spread bet, or CFDs.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                  Shorting the derivative price to be precise.

Spread bet, or CFDs.
                  You have balls, I wouldn't want to call it right now with real bona fide shorting (vs. timing the market).

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                    You have balls, I wouldn't want to call it right now with real bona fide shorting (vs. timing the market).
                    Google search trends is showing an upward volume of searches related to BTC. Everytime that has happened the price has risen sharply. I agree you'd have to be brave to go short when the media is talking about Crypto again (e.g. Facebook Libra)...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      Google search trends is showing an upward volume of searches related to BTC. Everytime that has happened the price has risen sharply. I agree you'd have to be brave to go short when the media is talking about Crypto again (e.g. Facebook Libra)...
                      Recent picture of ChimpMaster:

Comment

Working...
                      X